Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Ragged Text, etc.

Why is the "s" so ragged when everything else looks fine.

I keep getting "text will look different in different browsers" even though I changed all occurences to web safe font. Apparently, there is still an unsafe font version still on some page. Webplus x4 has an easy way for me to find out where it is. Does Xara?

How do I keep the original names of my images so Xara doesn't convert them? Name each image, just use ALT text? Or is there a menu item I click like Webplus to keep original names?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text2.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	76855  

Default Re: Ragged Text, etc.

What version of Xara are you using?

And if the word hats editable type or a bitmap? And if it is a bitmap does it have a transparent background?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    What version of Xara are you using?

And if the word hats editable type or a bitmap? And if it is a bitmap does it have a transparent background?
    It's editable type
    The latest version of Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspirit View Post
    Why is the "s" so ragged when everything else looks fine.
    Text like is rendered by the browser, different browsers do varying jobs at good quality - when you get large, then jaggies can show.
    For this reason, I always group very large text, this forces Xara to export the text as a nice smooth .PNG with alpha transparency.

How do I keep the original names of my images so Xara doesn't convert them? Name each image, just use ALT text? Or is there a menu item I click like Webplus to keep original names?
    When you bring your photos into xara, you are not using the originals, xara is creating copies of the bitmap matrix and loading it into vector space on your page. There are a few methods and options available to you for keeping he original file names, some of which are explained in this post.

As always thanks for your help. I assume there is no easy way to find my stray text as mentioned in first post.

Not so easily with WD6 as far as I know. DP6 of course has the Name gallery where this would be a simple job.

For those who do not wish to navigate off this site to another website ,

To force an image to retain its name, select the image, click on the yellow tag icon (Names), and add a name using this format filename="name" Click Add. Replace Name with the the name you wish your image to retain. Put quotes around the name and do not use a file extension.

This works with bitmaps and vector objects. If you have an image made of vector objects or type, group all the objects first. If Xara thinks the image is a PNG it will exprt the image as PNG. Otherwise it will save the image as JPEG.

You can determine how the image will export by checking the appropriate format in the Web Properties > Image tabbed section.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 25 September 2010 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    For those who do not wish to navigate off this site to another website
    Do you mean Xara Xone?
    John.