Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question XARA the culprit???

Good Day Eh...

I've had an ongoing problem with my SEO from GoDaddy telling me that two of my pages are, essentially, duplicates. XARA suggests that the problem is with the server, GoDaddy says it the coding and I should consider an .htaccess fix. After trying all suggestions, I published an XARA template, without any changes and got the same result. I did the same with Web Easy and got the same result. Considering the number of GoDaddy customers out there, I doubt that all have the same problem or "GD" would not have the customer base they have now. I suspect that this would occur with any WYSIWYG type of Designer. Of course I could be wrong, but, at least, I eliminated me as being the source of the problem...is XARA the culprit???

jb

Default Re: XARA the culprit???

Hi Johnny, a couple of things that may help.

The directory pointed to by your domain name should normally contain only one default file. With Xara this is usually index.htm. Make sure that the home page in your Xara file is named accordingly. Any other files named index, home or default in the server directory will potentially cause problems and may need to be removed.

For GoDaddy the sub folder field needs to be left blank when uploading from within Xara.

Let me know if that helps

Default Re: XARA the culprit???

Isn't this is the third thread you have started about the same problem? You are likely to get duplicate answers.

Basically no, Xara is not the culprit.