Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Flash Bug?

Default Flash Bug?

I have found on a number of occasions initially i thought it was me that if you make a copy of a website file with place holder and flash files somewhere embeded in it when you copy the website it then later go to preview website it - the flash file is not there.

When you check the file path for the placeholder all seems ok in web properties but i have to relocate the file path and re apply it then it finds it. This has happened a number of times to me first i thought it was me now not so sure. It is then an arse if you upload a website to find you have to redo it as the flash file is missing.

Any one else found this?

Default Re: Flash Bug?

This happens if you publish the site, then publish later to a new directory.

The first time you publish, Xara puts the Flash file in the index_htm_files folder. And it expects the swf file to be in that folder (or PDF or any other linked to file). The HTML script refers to the index_htm_files folder.

If you publish but to a new folder, the copy of the file or files that were placed in the index_html_files folder are not available and as such will not be found.

So, if you have attachments, such as MP4 or Flash movies, always publish to the same file. And you should be OK.

Default Re: Flash Bug?

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy.thedog View Post
    I have found on a number of occasions initially i thought it was me that if you make a copy of a website file with place holder and flash files somewhere embeded in it when you copy the website it then later go to preview website it - the flash file is not there.
    That's because you must [a] copy the support folder too (where the actual flash file is copied to by Xara the first time you add it)
    And [b] the support folder MUST share the same name as the *.web / *.xar file.
    Flash files are not embedded in the *.web / *.xar files.