Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Text editing after html creation

I noticed that it is VERY hard to change text in any html editor after designing in bith Designer 6 and Photo and Graphic Designer 6. The text looks garbled and laid on top of one another. Is there a way to make the text standard instead of jumbled? I can add a screencapture if needed.

Default Re: Text editing after html creation

HTMLBlockText - if this name is applied to the text object, the text is exported without placing every line in a separate span element. This is less WYSIWYG than the default export but it may be more suitable for further editing of the exported HTML in the external editors and web authoring tools.

You'll find more Undocumented and advanced features here

If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I did not realize this.. cool.!

You need to bear in mind as Xara is not a HTML application, any changes you make to your HTML script will be lost the next time you update your site.

For this reason, if you need to edit your text, make your life easier and do it in Xara's WYSIWYG environment. The changes to the text will be saved each time you save your file and you will not need to update the text in the HTML file.

I have added two screen captures. Is there a way to make the text literally appear as text instead of jarbled blocks without ID information in the code? I tried everything including making the text in a seperate layer and named it text. This is Web Designer 6. What can I do to correct this so it looks like it does on the REG image?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text-issues.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	76414   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reg.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	76415  

What are you using that creates the first results Jen? This isn't a Xara template and Xara certainly does't garble text like this without some help.

You are incorrect sir... That template came directly from version 6 template galleries... It is called Omega theme.. Then once you export it without ANY modifications and changes look at it in ANY editor (Dreamweaver, Ms Expression Web) This really stinks for any editing outside of XWD!

Web design using XWD is not meant to support 3rd party editing of the HTML.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Does not matter from a editable stance - this is not cool. Say a client wants to edit their own text. This is like having a lambroghini with a Pinto engine. Even Serif Web Plus has text export that works in any code. .

The html exported by Web Designer requires specific formatting that is supported only by Web Designer itself.

Trying to edit it with anything else results in the garbled text you have experienced.

Wishful thinking and wanting to edit with other software or application does not nullify the fact that Web Designer and/or Xtreme/Designer must be used to edit the code for the respective version of Xara software being used.

Xara may be working toward making more generalized html export or they may not, only their management and developers would know. However, just from a general knowledge of how the program works, it may not be possible. To get the true WYSIWYG out of their software requires using their software.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update