Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am running into a problem. I saved an image as an . Pdf and when I view it on Acrobat it appears fine, but it prints choppy. Does anyone know this could be?
    IP

I am running into a problem. I saved an image as an . Pdf and when I view it on Acrobat it appears fine, but it prints choppy. Does anyone know this could be?
    IP

um... never actually printed a PDF but... try seeing that the ZOOM factor is set to 100%. Usually, and by default, Acrobat will open a document to whatever zoom factor makes it fill the entire screen/program size -- which is usually more than 100%. And it might be also printing the doc at that zoom factor.

Try that.

ALSO... make sure that your printer is setup to use a fairly high quality -- with, or without colour.

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"
    IP

You can change the pdf settings if I'm not mistaken. The standard setting is for e-books.

http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum...ine=1019851685
    IP

Thanks for the info. But I am running into the same problem when I save it as a .jpg. It looks great on screen, but when I print it the image looks very pixelated.

[This message was edited by chip11414 on May 05, 2002 at 10:13.]
    IP

Make sure that you are saving your files using the highest resolution. I have used Acrobat 4.0 and 5.0 to print 8.5 x 11 inch full bleed documents that were distilled from Xara X exported .tif images. I would recommend that format over .jpg because you can control the resolution better. Hope this helps!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Randy Allen
    "Wherever you go, there you are."
    Randy Allen

Randy Allen Photography
    IP

How did you setup your preferences?
    What printer are you talking about? Postscript, Inkjet? Offset press? (Which brand and type?)

What exactly do you do (every step and setting?)
    Do you work in sRGB, Adobe RGB,...?

What is your resolution: 72, 150, 300...???

JPG is never good for print because it makes averages of the data of your image so as to reduce the file size and this lost info never can be restored. Use TIFF for photographs.

I suppose you have to set your printer and monitor to work together.

http://www.photoshopgurus.info/forum...ine=1019851685
    IP

I am having my images printed out at Staples and I keep getting the same problem. When I open Acrobat the image appears normal but prints in black and white? Anyone know why that is?
    IP

Hi there - not sure whether you have already resolved this problem or not, but maybe if you go back to your native image, save it as an eps then convert it to PDF. When converting it to PDF, select the Adobe PDF settings in Properties and choose the "Print" conversion setting. The general setting is "ebook". You can also edit your own settings, but try the "print" one first and see how you go.

Also, what printer are printing to? You want to check your printer settings as well. Hope this helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chip11414:
    I am having my images printed out at Staples and I keep getting the same problem. When I open Acrobat the image appears normal but prints in black and white? Anyone know why that is?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    IP

try setting up all your printable work in pagemaker6 or better. run your prints from thaat and make sure the resolution is at least 300 dpi. my print shop buddies let me in on this. pagemaker has the best out puts for printing quality. i do alot of graphic work and quality is #1. so i needed to clear up a simular problem. that was there suggestion and it worked. allways print from pagemaker wether from home or taking it to a printer. if they don't run those kind of programs don't go there. they aren't profesional. you don't want your work compremised by cheap printing. if that doesn't work. get a better printer maybe. hope this helps
    IP