Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm looking to download some more custom shapes for Photoshop 7. Does anyone know where to get some?
    IP

Hello
    i sent a email with a link to adobe exchange, real good site ,has you custom shapes and a lot more. dont know how to add the link here. sorry
    IP

you can also make your own if you want too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Check the manual and/or help files to find out how to create and define your own custom shapes!

Very handy!

~Vp~
    ~Vp~
    IP

Ya i agree with VP.
    The easiest way to create a whole bunch of great and useful shapes is to use a dingbat/wingding font -- also known as 'glyphs'. The best thing about doing this is that you'll have a library of shape/images that you'll actually want to use. And without having to sift through them manually for hours, weeding out someone else's library. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    -------------------------------------------------
    Type the letter or symbol you want to use on a layer. Convert the type layer to a vector shape -- Layer/Type/Convert to shape. Then under the EDIT menu choose "Define Custom Shape...". Name it, and you're done.

Now repeat that process with whatever other letters (symbols) you want to use from the dingbat/wingding font. And then repeat this all again using whatever other glyph (image) fonts you like. You can find these fonts as free/shareware all over the Web.

TIP: You can get a much better idea of which symbols (letters) you want to use from the font set if you preview the entire set in a font previewing app, at the same time as you're converting them to shapes in PS.
    My fav little app for this is called "FontLister" (PC only at this time) -- There's a free version, and a version that costs just 5$. It's fast, simple, and stable as a rock.

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"

[This message was edited by Mark (theKeeper) on July 12, 2002 at 16:22.]
    IP

hmmmmmmm [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

~Vp~
    ~Vp~
    IP

hehe... ya like that do ya Vp? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"
    IP

If you are familiar with photoshop 5.5 there is a setting on the brushes menue to create your own. I keep that version around just for that. You can create and save then copy them to the brushes file in 7. That is a pretty easy way to get custom shapes at a very time efficient manner.
    IP