Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Add video

Default Add video

Hi has anyone got experience of using Socusoft web video? http://www.web-video-player.com/ for the life of me I cannot work out how to add the video to my site.

I am think it has something to do with place holders? and copying in some html

Thanks

Chris

Default Re: Add video

Which version of Web Designer are you using Chris? (Edit your profile to show this if you would - it helps others give relevant answers )

I agree - their instructions are very vague. Socusoft was recommended in another post by a user that some good results with their efforts so perpahs they could enlighten those of us in fog. I have had a few goes at different varations and all come up with an empty placeholder! Methinks I need to become way more familiar with HTML/Java/FLash in order to understand all this.

The socusoft video player is tricky but an amazing product once you understand it. The simple explination is make sure the xml file has the direct path to you video file on the server then copy the between <object> <object> then make a place holder on your website
    past and you are finished. If you have an additional Questions just ask. I have used Web 5 for two years now I am using web pro 6 and I think I have thrown everything at it and the kitchen sink and it performs with perfection..

I was looking to do the same thing but i did'nt follow you on these instructions- i am using XWD6 also.Could you walk a beginner through setting that up. Im sure there will be others after me who would appreciate a "Sucosoft video for dummies" explanation of how to get it working, Thanks!