Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Highslide

Default Highslide

I have asked the question before about changing the way the popup image looks (not popup layer) and was given good advise about adding rectangles etc and grouping but it is not the effect I am looking for.

My question is does anyone have any experience changing the css for highslide? I have looked at the highslide website and changed various container options in the highslide css file but nothing seems to work. I still get the white background image behind the actual photograph.

Thanks

Andrew

Default Re: Highslide

CSS can sometimes be tricky to target the element you want without affecting others. I suggest that you use an element inspector in the resultant webpage (e.g. in Chrome or FF) to see which CSS is being inherited and which is being defined by your new definitions. Sometime just qualifying a class with a DIV can make all the difference. Perhaps you could paste your edited CSS for us to see?

Thanks Sadler,

On the highslide.com website I found some information and changed:

.highslide-wrapper {
    background-color: white;

to:

.highslide-wrapper {
    background-color: black;

But this had no effect, my knowledge of CSS is very limited (which is where Designer Pro comes in handy)

Thanks

Andrew

You can use the Highslide editor to create your own custom borders etc, then embed them in Xara.
    I used the HS editor for this demo..
    DEMO
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 16 September 2010 at 10:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks for the information Sledger but I don't know where you start when you mentioned embedding highslide into Xara?

Thansk

Andrew

Use the editor to create your customised HS popups, download the finished package, then use placeholders to embed the custom Highslide image popups.

Try this:

div.thumbwrapper {

background-color: black;

}