Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Export Palette File options

Xara can import color palette files.

I'd like to be able to export palette files as an alternative to saving colors via templates. Why, because I already have a lot of templates.

Be nice to simply create a custom palette file (select objects with named, color-fills and export the selection to a palette file format, then drop the file into Xara's Palettes folder. When you open Xara they'd be shown in the color gallery as a palette "folder".

Default Re: Export Palette File options

Create your color palette and name your colors.

Save the file and call it color palette.

When you open the palette the colors will automatically load too.

Alternately, combine the colors with an appropriate template.

I have a small palette of named colors that I add to the top of every template. Then when I create a new template-based page the colors automatically load too.

Be sure to disable the remove unused colors option, or saving and loading your palette file will not work very well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unused-colors.png 
Views:	351 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	76835  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks folks for the replies.

I've been following the your suggestions for years now. Just, for convenience, I thought it would be nice to always have a palette in the Colors Gallery to access and free up templates for more designed related stuff.

I think this thread will be useful to newbies. I did tag the posting with "palette" to help if a search is used.

P.S. It does seem a bit strange that we can import certain Palette files, but can not export any.

I agree John, it is strange that exporting a color palette is not supported.

Nostaw posted his JCWPad application several years ago. You can create palettes using his app as a standalone program.

There is documentation available on the internet for the .xar file format and for the .jcw palette format. I have not had time to study the information, but I would assume there could be a way to read a .xar file for the color data records and then output that to a .jcw palette file.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You can create a .pal file from any image or anything displayed on your screen using a free utillity available from the Xara Xone shareware pages. Xpal is quite easy to use. you can save your .pal file to your hard drive and then either add it to your Xara program palettes folder or simply drag the .pal file into your open Xara document and the colours will appear on your colourline ready to use. I have also discovered that they are named by RGB values
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.