Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi All--

I've not seen anything on this forum created to recognize the atrocity of September 11th.

The attached can be downloaded and used by anyone who wants it. It's not signed, I'm putting it on my site, and it was done in PIXAR Typestry II (circa 1995, no longer sold).

Animating it took really weird skills, trust me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flag.gif 
Views:	339 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	19680  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Hi All--

I've not seen anything on this forum created to recognize the atrocity of September 11th.

The attached can be downloaded and used by anyone who wants it. It's not signed, I'm putting it on my site, and it was done in PIXAR Typestry II (circa 1995, no longer sold).

Animating it took really weird skills, trust me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Nice animation job, Gary!

I've been thinking of doing something pertaining to Black Tuesday myself, but not come up with anything yet.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

I thought you guys might like this.

definitely not meant to OFFEND anyone,except that scuttling coward Osama laden dustbin.

Stu.

...you won't find any art being posted here from me that has political "themes" at all.

Nothing is meant by that, it's just not my thing folks.

I can't think of anything to do that can even come close to that photo of the firemen raising the flag on the rubble. Maybe after some time.

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com

[Message removed by author]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

[This message was edited by Peter Duggan on September 29, 2001 at 02:53.]

I agree that this forum is not the place for political rederic, or posting things not directly concerned with the intended subject matter... but... i also believe that you could've been a tad more understanding about the reasons behind the post.

You're very definately reading something into Stu's post that i asure you was NOT INTENDED.

Everyone is dealing with the Sept.11 trajedy in their own way. I've seen a lot more drastic and "pathetic" methods of coping, on the news and around the US in general - ala personal attacks on innocent people of particular religion.

So... i think it best if we all just go a little easy on each other where this specific topic is concerned, ok? Whether it be through personal or virtual communications.

Patients & understanding will go a long way in these times...

PS: usually, i HATE speaking out about things like this, just so you's know. But Stu's a friend of mine.

People on this thread:

I want to CLOSE this thread, voluntarily. I started a thread on the 11th that was borne out of shock, hate, pain...of the moment.

It's fine to get political on this forum (*i* say this, and the feeling is not necessarily shared by Infopop and XARA, Ltd.), but it turned into a chaotic free-for-all using prejudice and hate as wit and content.

I opened this thread for the sole purpose of sharing a flag animation with all. No one in the US can buy a flag right now...the supply is too short, so I created a virtual flag.

I DID NOT intend on this thread turning into the other thread.

Let me put it this way, and you may choose to agree or disagree with me, and I WILL take email messages, if you promise not to write back into this DEAD THREAD:

•As artists, we cannot help but to be influenced by the condition of the world. As artists, we cannot afford, however, to turn observations and preferences into prosthetizing and prejudices.

Self-definition leads to self-limitation.

If you don't get it, let me explain: If you, right now, blame all Muslims for the WTC atrocity, you are defining yourself as a rascist. And a rascist has the blinders on and they feed off hate and ignorance. So this self-definintion leads to a very self-limiting life.

On the other hand, if you recognize that wars are not fought between nations anymore, but between criminal organizations called "terrorists", you've just narrowed the target from a bigoted view to a mere spike in anotherwise fascintating and wonderful world, one in which you, the artist can grow. I saw a Muslim walking on the street the other day as we drove by, and we waved to each other. Gads! Have I turned commie or something?????? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'm a freelance pen and ink sketcher. I model, I write books. I spend hours in XARA, and hours online looking at museum prints from which to work. I'm a musician, and I've written 2 unpublished screenplays.

When people ask me what I am, I tell tham I'm an artist. Pretty wide definition, huh? But it's also a free, almost unlimited one, and I'm therefore encouraging myself to explore more instead of sitting in my self-definition PRISON.

Get it?

Please no more thread, no more reflexive hate.

Kindest Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Cartoon removed.

I have been fighting a really nasty virus for about the last week and a half and my immune system is not really brilliant at the best of times,and I think now if my head was clearer I probably wouldnt have posted that pic at all.

Hope to back in a couple of weeks,failing that it will be off to hospital again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers Stu.