Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 form objects template

Does Xara provide orhas anyone created a template of mockup html form objects (e.g. input box, radio buttons, drop down boxes etc)? To clarify I do not mean actual HTML elements but images that REPRESENT these object purely for the purpose of layout mockups.

p.s. I'm aware this is an easy enough task to do myself - I'm just asking the community first out of lazyness ;-)

Default Re: form objects template

Simply put, no.

But you will have fun no doubt creating them.

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Couldn't you just use a placeholder and put a single SPACE in the HTML section?
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris

Here's the simple ones i use when creating concepts for clients. Only raster version i'm afraid.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I ate my crayon.

Thanks for the reply Jaff, that was the sort of thing I was after. Cheers.

Wink Re: form objects template

Hello,

I had to develop a web based application using Visual Studio 2005, and even if VS has an HTML editor there was no confrontation to do a complex web page with XARA.

I decided to use Xara, but surprise... I discovered that Xara has no library with shapes or support of any VB form objects nor official VS support for web form at all.

But with a little effort and creativity, I started to create some vectorial shapes looking as VB Form Objects. Due to the lack of time I have just done o couple of simple combo boxes for now, but I plan to redraw quite good them as soon as I will have more time.

The TRICK to make XARA to create actual VB code during export was to copy from VB editor and paste into XARA Web Property page of the object, section "Placeholder", the VS object HTML code into the box named "Replace with HTML code" and select it.

At the web export the result was an automagical page with Visual Studio Objects.
    The only drawaback was that I had to manually modify the width,height and other html properties written into the HTML code boxes, with the values from XARA bar menu (size,color, etc..).

If Xara could allow a kind of %WIDTH%, %HEIGHT%, %COLOR% environment variable into the HTML text and have them automatically replaced with the actual values of the object it would be perfect !!!

Regards