Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Lighting ?

Default Lighting ?

Hello All
    Just wondering if someone might be able to help out.
    When I have a image or text spinning, can I stop the reflective lighting from showing when the image or text spins? When I have the three arrows showing(lightbulb) and I change the colors of those arrows to black lets say, that will stop the lighting from showing when it spins. However the image texture that I have on a sign will turn to black and any text will also be black.

What I would like to do is to have the original image or color text showing, but without the lighting shades flashing as it spins. (sides, front and back)

Hope I explain this right

Default Re: Lighting ?

hmmm my avatar should be spinning ?

Hi Rich,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Your Avatar isn't spinning most likely because of the file size. Avatars should be no more than 100 pixels by 100 pixels, or no more than 20 KB, which ever is smaller.

If you uploaded an animated gif that is larger than that the forums software automatically converted it to a jpg that is smaller than 20KB. Jpeg (jpg) images do not support animation.

As for the flashing of the light when an extrusion is spinning, you must move the lights to new positions that do not align directly in the path of the movement. Usually simply moving Light 1 up or down will fix the issue.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Soquili
    On the flashing light issued. I was playing around with the #1 lighting like you said and it will work out fine for me. I have given up on trying to post my avatar though lol
    Now its telling me I may not upload animated avatars. I put the URL link to my photbucket and tried to upload it from my computer with the same result.
    I went and adjusted the size down to 100x100, but still had problems because of the file size itself which was over the 20KB liked you said. So then I lower it, only now it tells me I can't upload animated avatars. I've spent way to much time just trying to get a avatar posted.

Thanks again
    Rich

The new forum administrator may have disabled animated avatars.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

You can also change the color of the lights by either double clicking on the light you wish to change or, in the Color Options menu to the right, select the lightyou want to change from the drop down box.

(PS. my avatar spins but it's only 48x48 and 15.7k)
    ~ DanDaBear ~
    Some people think inside the box, Some people think outside the box, I think about the box

Thanks DanDaBear
    I was playing around with the lighting yesterday, and pretty much know how they are working now. Im getting there little by little