Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Embed/Convert to path all fonts

Is there a way to Embed/Convert to path” all of the fonts used in a project, such as a logo in DP 6, searching the forums has not revealed anything on this.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Alan

Default Re: Embed/Convert to path all fonts

Click Menu | Arrange | Convert to Editable Shapes or Print options - output tab | Text Options and enable Print all text as shapes or Right click text | Advanced text option Enable Print text as Shapes.
    I ate my crayon.

I should have mentioned i would like to embed the fonts with the original .xar files to send to the client.

Thanks, Alan

How about the help file? ..

Embedded Fonts

Designer Pro stores the character shapes of all the fonts used in your document. This means if you give someone else your .web file, or transfer the file to another computer they will see exactly what you see, even if the correct fonts are not installed on that computer. But this only embeds the characters that are used in the document (it's not a full font that is included). So on computers with the fonts missing, any text that is added in the missing fonts may be missing the correct character shapes.

guess you could include the whole character set somewhere 'hidden' in the doc if necessary...?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there's any way to embed fonts in a .xar file. If you're sending them the file with the intention of them being able to edit it, converting the text to regular objects won't help too much either. Best to zip up the file with whatever fonts you've used in the project, and have them install the fonts before opening the .xar file. Alternately, if you're not intending to make it editable, there's nothing wrong with PDF export, which will embed the fonts.

-- Ben

it's true the help does mention .web specifically, not .xar

but there again, I have opened downloaded xar files that use fonts I do not have installed, and it appears to work - ie the characters are displayed correctly

whether that covers 'embedded' or not I don't know - just that the help implies it does..
    Nothing lasts forever...

Ben, the .web and .xar file formats are identical internally.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks everyone for the replies, yes you are correct it is for the purpose of the client being able to edit the files if they so wish. I guess i will just zip up the fonts and email them as well.

Once again i appreciate your insights on this.

Alan

I think you should check the licence of the fonts to make sure they are redistributable if you are going to send them to a third party in a format they can install
    Nothing lasts forever...