Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Need help! Cannot upload website in FTP with xara xtreme webdesigner 6

Hi all,
    I deserately need help. I cannot upload the site I made with WD6. An error message that states that "Cannot resolve server address" keeps coming up. I have exported the files in HTML, i have tried using FileZilla, but to no avail. It is so frustrating, that i is so difficult to use this software, and that xara just don't seem to be any good at helping. I would grealy appreciate any help. If need be please email me direct with suggestions brdavies7@hotmail.com

Thank you guys!!!

Default Re: Need help! Cannot upload website in FTP with xara xtreme webdesigner 6

"Cannot resolve server address"
    This in all likely hood means that you have entered the wrong address for the host.

Check with your hosting provider for the correct FTP address for your hosting.

WD6 Re: Need help! Cannot upload website in FTP with xara xtreme webdesigner 6

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    This in all likely hood means that you have entered the wrong address for the host.

Check with your hosting provider for the correct FTP address for your hosting.
    Hi friend,
    thank you so much for replying!
    i got the passwords etc from the hosts, and it is still not working!!!! Help!!!

Default Re: Need help! Cannot upload website in FTP with xara xtreme webdesigner 6

If the error occurs with FileZilla and Xara's publishing, then the issue is almost certainly the wrong details have been entered in both programs.
    If you are 100% certain the details are correct, then *something* on your PC may be blocking the connection.
    Check your security and firewall settings.