Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Flash as background

Hi guys,

I wasn't able to find anything that helps me, so I'm posting this thread.

See the attached files. They are .swf files. I want to use them as background (that covers the whole screen, regardless the size). I want the outcome to be the same as if you'd drag and dropped it into you web browser. See how it fills the whole screen? Well, I'm unable to do this in XWD 6. The best thing I can do i to ctrl drag and drop it, but this will tile the swf placeholder and the effect is not the same. I hope I made myself clear. Thanks for any advise.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Flash as background

As a flash developer I will say that this is a poor use of flash. What you want to accomplish with such movies is best acheived using plain html tiling with a static image.

It is possible to do what you want using some javascript and flash code, but really this is a case where using flash is unnecessary. In any event, Xara web designs are best suited to fixed size and to have expanded backgrounds with a centralised design, just use a tiled image, not tiled flash.

I completely agree. It's much more practical to use images. The reason I'm using these flash files is that I've found dozens of them, some really nice. I just don't have the same visualizations in picture files.

Just capture the swf image and make a tile for the background.

Edit: You should, of course, make sure you are allowed by the swf copyright owner to use the swfs and/or the image.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Just capture the swf image and make a tile for the background.
    I'll probably do just that.

Regards