Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to add flash photo gallery in xara

This video teaches you how to add flash photo gallery but he never populate the thumnails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEqbh...&feature=email

Please can someone tell me how to populate the thumnails. would be very much appreciated.

Default Re: How to add flash photo gallery in xara

Hi, I received a similar question in the video discussion on YouTube--sorry if you're the same person and I'm repeating myself. I'm not sure I actually tried this myself to test if it works (I'll leave that for you), but as far as I could tell when I looked into that Flash photo gallery utility when I made the video, there were directories labelled images and thumbnails in which you put the photos you want to appear. I discuss this at about 3:00 into the video. If it works, let us know. Thanks.

Hi xhris

The tutorial in youtube is very good. But, when you say add images to the images and thumnails directory it does not work,because
    1.thumnails uses different size than the images directory. you dont specify that in your video.
    2.The .xml also needs the updated information. means that just by adding the images to the images and thumnail directory does not auto configure the .xml

Now, im using a good flash creator software that i have test and it woks well. the name is Flash Slideshow Maker Professional.
    it works just like the one in your video and when your done creating the flash animation it creates the same directories like in your videos.
    But to edit or add images you have to re-open the software, make your changes,
    and when is saved the .xml is configured in cunjunction with the modified/updated images and thumnail directory and it works properly

That is how i learned that you cant just add images to the images and thumnail directory and spect to work. is a combination of image,image size,and .xml.
    the default image and thumnails directories from your video work because the .xml is already configured for the default images.

Thank you.

and yes i am the same person.
    Last edited by eltigre; 17 September 2010 at 11:24 PM.

Damn. Well this is what I get for not checking thoroughly. You're completely right; just adding photos and appropriately-sized thumbnails to the corresponding directories does not just make the slideshow work. I can see this would have caused you quite a headache. Manually editing the XML looks like a complete nightmare too. I'm seriously tempted to remove that video given that it's not actually helpful at all... Or maybe I could cheap out and add a caption to say you need to manually edit the XML in some way...not sure yet :/

The software you linked to doesn't seem to be free, so I can't use it, but I appreciate how it's supposed to work based on your explanation.

Amazing though, 1500 views and you're the first person to actually point out I was wrong.

Actually, manually editing the XML is pretty simple, albeit ugly. I think I'll have to record an appendix video about manually editing the XML, and re-render it with the original this weekend...

There is a free version. just go to the link and click download. try it out is really cool and very easy to use,
    if i was you ill make a complete new video lol.... and by the way, your tutorials on youtube has helped me alot.

I found this thread extremely useful. I like the flash animation on Web Designer Premium 7, but it is quite limited as you cannot change the sizes, and although you can delete the little buttony things on the bottom of a couple of them, you cannot delete the numbers on the fade flash animation. Well, that's not exactly correct....you can delete them and they disappear! But when you upload your site they reappear. So thank you eltigre for the link to Flash Slideshow Maker. It is very easy to use and seems to work perfectly well on the placeholders. You can even size the flash animation to the size of your placeholder. Thanks.

I am loving Xara WDP7, btw. There are a few strange things going on with it, but for the most part I am addicted to it!