Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation hi all , new member, aquestion about xtreme pro 5 (navbar creation)

hi,

i´m using xtreme pro 5 and i´d like to do a navigation bar. i´ve watched the videos about navbar creation on youtube, however, they we´re made for webdesigner6 rather than for xtreme pro 5 (didn´t find any xtreme pro 5 vid´s regarding that). nevertheless, it turned out to be quite the same handling, so i was able to create the rollover buttons with grouping and all successfully. but:
    for the love of my life, i cannot find a "create navigation bar" menue entry in xtreme pro 5, as described in the video for wd6. so i´m stuck at the position to create the final "soft group" for one finished rollover button. so, how would i make a navigation bar out of that soft grouped rollover button?

a second question regarding this:
    how am i able, once i´ve sucessfully created the navigation bar in xtreme pro 5, to store that navigation bar in the gallery, for later use? i´d like to do my own templates in general.

and finally a third question related to the background layer:
    i successfully created a tiled, repeated image background, as well i succeed in creating a background with a plain color, but as soon as i would apply a gradient to the background wth the fill tool, the web preview shows me a white, blank page. is that a restriction i have to live with, to either use a straight, nonegradient color on the background or use an image for that?

thanks in advance for eventual explanations that might enlight me a bit. the manual as well as the tutorial videos aren´t really helpful, imho.

regards,
    nico

Default Re: hi all , new member, aquestion about xtreme pro 5 (navbar creation)

Hi Nico

1. There is no "create navigation bar" in XXP5, this was introduced in V6 (XWD6 & XDP6)

2. Adding to a gallery (from the help file)

You may want to add extra items to these galleries (Designs, Fill & Fonts galleries only). To do this:

1. Copy the files you want to add into a new directory (folder) using the Windows Explorer.

• For the Designs Gallery these files can be any of a wide range of vector or bitmap file types.
    • For the Fill Gallery they can be any of the bitmap formats supported by Xtreme (listed in importing and exporting).
    • For the Fonts Gallery they can be Adobe Type 1 or TrueType fonts.

2. In the appropriate gallery, click the "Disc Designs/Fills/Fonts" button. This opens a dialog box.
    3. Use the dialog box to select the directory you want to add.
    4. Click "Add". This creates a new section in the gallery.
    3. For a gradient background you will need to create an image. (I am asuming XXP5 is the same as XWD5 in this respect.)

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    Hi Nico

1. There is no "create navigation bar" in XXP5, this was introduced in V6 (XWD6 & XDP6)
    ah, ok... hmm.. is there an update from xxp5 to a newer version that adds that feature?

2. Adding to a gallery (from the help file)

You may want to add extra items to these galleries (Designs, Fill & Fonts galleries only). To do this:

1. Copy the files you want to add into a new directory (folder) using the Windows Explorer.

• For the Designs Gallery these files can be any of a wide range of vector or bitmap file types.
    • For the Fill Gallery they can be any of the bitmap formats supported by Xtreme (listed in importing and exporting).
    • For the Fonts Gallery they can be Adobe Type 1 or TrueType fonts.

2. In the appropriate gallery, click the "Disc Designs/Fills/Fonts" button. This opens a dialog box.
    3. Use the dialog box to select the directory you want to add.
    4. Click "Add". This creates a new section in the gallery.
    ok, forgive my ignorance, but to have the buttons that create the navigation bar on the explorer/hd, how do i save them as such? i´d like to have them availlable readymade as rollovers in the gallery, so that i can just drag the whole readymade button into a project...

3. For a gradient background you will need to create an image. (I am asuming XXP5 is the same as XWD5 in this respect.)
    thought so. so basically i create a gradinet background (gradient being much smaller in height than the whole background), then combine it with a certain background color?

thanks for helping me out so fast!

regards,
    nico

The upgrade from XXP5 is Xara Design Pro (Version 6) and I can highly recommend it

Custom Gallery Items
    • Create button group
    • (with group selected) File >> Export (To a folder)
    • At the "Native Format Options" dialogue choose "Selection" and then click export.

Correct, create your vector image, right click and convert to bitmap, then set it to be the background via the bitmap gallery.

The upgrade from XXP5 is Xara Design Pro (Version 6) and I can highly recommend it

Custom Gallery Items
    • Create button group
    • (with group selected) File >> Export (To a folder)
    • At the "Native Format Options" dialogue choose "Selection" and then click export.

Correct, create your vector image, right click and convert to bitmap, then set it to be the background via the bitmap gallery.
    cool news, where can i update my xxp5 then? i hope the upgrade is free, i just bought v5 a week ago...

Quote Originally Posted by nico View Post
    cool news, where can i update my xxp5 then? i hope the upgrade is free, i just bought v5 a week ago...
    Where did you manage to buy v5 a week ago???

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Where did you manage to buy v5 a week ago???
    magix germany... why?

Well, because Xara Xtreme v5 isn't available on xara.com or magix.com since version 6 was available, so I was wondering why they would sell you an earlier version.
    In any case, upgrade offers and pricing should be sought from Xara or MAGIX directly.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Well, because Xara Xtreme v5 isn't available on xara.com or magix.com since version 6 was available, so I was wondering why they would sell you an earlier version.
    here it is...

http://www.xara.com/de/

well... short story long: a friend of mine works at magix. i just stumbled on xxp5 on the net (see the link), saw that magix distributes it, told him to send it to me and there you go... maybe i should have known that there´s v6 out already and told him to send me that version instead, which is what i will do tomorrow. maybe he can transform this version into v6... if not i have to bite the bitter apple and shell out another 99 bucks as i saw on the upper link, that´s what´s the upgrade fee... not too heavy, but yeah, you get the picture... let´s see...
    unfortunateley i have already registered v5, so that might get to be a problem... however, i´m actually happy that there´s v6 availlable, as this seems to have the features onboard i was searching in the above post...
    let´s see...

thanks for your help!