Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Navbar 'menu style' background: fills & transparency

Hi there,

I haven't been able to find a thread for these questions yet so my apologies if they've been answered already.

1. Is it possible to add custom fills (even basic 2-colour linear fills) in the Navbar 'menu style' options?

2. Is it possible to make the 'menu style' background partially transparent without affecting the text?

I'm using Designer Pro 6 and it would be great if someone could tell me either yes or no on this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Default Re: Navbar 'menu style' background: fills & transparency

Welcome to TalkGraphics

No. There's your answer

There is an alternative, but it requires more work. Create your own buttons.

Here are a few tutorials http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest80/index.htm, http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...workbook_2.htm

Perfect, thanks very much for the quick answer and for the welcome

Since the menu style options seemed quite close already I thought there could be a nice little time saver tucked away.

I've had a quick peak at the links and they look spot on so thanks again.

I am hoping that in the next release the sub-menus will be more flexible. But I am not holding my breath. My suggestions about this to Xara were met with a general lack of enthusiasm.

But the great strength of Xara is the ability to create some really cool effects and then translate them to the web, such as semi-transparent menus that actually show the content under them. Just takes a bit of time.

I've been using Xara software for a couple of years now and with the amount of time (and money) it's already saved me I can learn to live with this one for a bit

Thanks again for your help, I need to have a better look at XaraXone I think.