Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bodypaint is incredible
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Monster.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	12699  

Bodypaint is incredible

It's so dark I can hardly see what is suppose to be happening.

Is Body Paint a program?
    Judi

This looks like something you'd meet miles deep in the bowels of the ocean! Nice, but maybe a little more contrast between background and creature.

Lessandra

Judy, Bodypaint is a program to paint on 3D images. It comes together with Cinema4DArt suite from Maxon, but can be used also with Lightwave, 3DMax etc.
    I am not ready for the 3D Forum yet, but wanted to share my enthusiasm on this incredible toy.

I intentionally made it so dark as it is not the intention that you see what it exactly is. Most creatures are barely visible so that the viewers' imagination starts to work.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

neat ... looks like a combination of fish and spacecraft ...... perhaps a space-faring vessel commanded by an intelligent race of fish beings :-D ....

Yes Body Paint looked impressive on the maxon site. I have the go version of cinema4d (don't use it much ) and texture application was always a pain ...just can't seem to align them or anything the way I want most times ... aligning textures on objects with numbers isn't exactly fun but painting like normal on the 3d shapes is such an intuitive method (or so I'd assume)

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com

Erik,
    Have you by any chance ever seen the movie "Meetings with Remarkable Men"? I have never been able to find it but years ago I got the sound track in a used record store and it became some of my favorite music.

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com

I did see the movie, as I read all I can find on the fascinating figure of Gurdjieff. It was a beautiful movie, and it is clear that the director knows about G. and the Work. I also saw his Mahabharata, which was at least as fascinating, and the music,...well: the music in my heart I bore, long after it was heard no more. (Do you know who wrote this verse? Begins with a W.) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

No, sorry, I don't know who wrote it.

Wish I still had a working record player though. I am playing that part of the music in my head right now, where the contest of the ashoks(?) has just concluded and the music sounds like a celebration. I love that part, and I've spent many hours dancing around my living room to it. (With the curtains closed of course)

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com

[This message was edited by mom_de_bomb on June 24, 2001 at 15:47.]

It is a verse from William Wordsworth's poem called " The Solitary reaper". I love Wordsworth, Shelley, Byron, Keats,...and W.B.Yeats. English is a very poetical language, and particularly fitted for singing.

Why dance with the curtains closed? Let that song out, dance for the Sun that shines for the holy person as well as for the criminal one, for the rich one and the beggar, for the wise man and the fool, for the mystic and the junkie. That is called: tolerance. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]