Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: What to use.

What is the best software for Vector and bitmap graphics. I have CorelDraw and CorelPhotopaint8 now and there must be somthing better. Corel 10 is an improvment yes? Or....

[This message was edited by dada head on June 20, 2001 at 07:09.]

What is the best software for Vector and bitmap graphics. I have CorelDraw and CorelPhotopaint8 now and there must be somthing better. Corel 10 is an improvment yes? Or....

[This message was edited by dada head on June 20, 2001 at 07:09.]

XaraX of course! Get hold of the evaluation copy, and make sure you look at the video tutorials and those at www.xaraxone.com.

www.thelondonhouse.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

I just got the tril version downloaded.
    I will let you know what I think.
    Bitmap manipulation is limited the original will have to do a lot better then that for me.

[This message was edited by dada head on June 22, 2001 at 10:28.]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Hi - Before you give up on Xara X be sure to visit the Xara X Forum and the Xara X Gallery Forum both here at tallkgraphics.com

As Simon has noted, it is also worth your while to visit the xaraxone.com - It is the ultimate resource. I was invited to have a featured artist gallery there - I hope you visit and see the kind of stuff I do with Xara X. At the same time you'll see all the different styles Xara users get out of themselves with the help of the program.

Perhaps contrary to your first impression, the program actually is quite amazing in working with bitmaps.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Dada,

I own Photoshop/Illustrator, Corel Draw/Photopaint, Corel Painter, Paint Shop Pro, etc., etc. (I'm a junkie).

If I had to survive with only one program I'd choose Xara X without question. It is the finest piece of software I've ever encountered.

If I could have two pieces of software I would select Xara X and either Photoshop or Painter. Photoshop is much more the industry standard and easier to use. Painter, on the other hand, has some absolutely wonderful, unique features not duplicated in any other package.

Good luck.

Brian.