Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Links and Link Colors

Hello,

I am trying (and getting frustrated with it) to build a website from scratch in Designer 6 Pro. I am at an early stage and am having problems already - not blaming Designer 6, it's probably me!.

I cannot get a local link to work from one page to the next. So far I have only created 2 pages, index and page1. I am linking from the index page to page one via a link, I select page to from the link to page in the web properties box. When I export the site and click on the link it says the file cannot be found. Surely I do not have to publish to see this working because the website will eventually be around 40 pages and to publish each time would be a pain in the (well you know).
    Secondly I cannot override the text link colors. I have set links to none in the link colors in the web properties box but I still get the link displayed as blue and then purple for visited - it is driving me nuts at the moment.

Thanks

Andrew

Default Re: Links and Link Colors

Hi Andrew

Make sure that you are previewing the whole site and not just the current page.

Go to Utilities >> Web properties and uncheck "use common website link colours" with the link selected.

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I deleted all the links and added them again including rollovers at it is working ok in Chrome but in the
    preview (using designer preview) I still see the links as blue.

Thanks again

Andrew

Can you upload your web/xar file ? maybe we can spot where the problem is.

I think (still checking) I have sorted it. I have a few soft groups and was playing around with web links before grouping and then addling links after grouping so think it got
    confused.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew - I think the suggestion was that you can change the color of the links in the Web Properties > Website tabbed section. You can specify if you want links underlined, this is good if you are not using linked colors, or you can specify your own individual colors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	link-colors.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	76559  

Thanks for the reply.

Should this override all link coloring? Because it was not working on a global basis because I have some grouped items that did not include the "use common website link colours" unchecked.

I have it working now but would be interested to know if this should be a global command or not?

Thanks

Andrew

This is working with text links. It does not apply to groups of objects such as buttons.

If you have the underline option selected, and you ungroup a linked button, the text will have an underline.

But when you regroup the text with the button shape, the underscore and link color reverts back to the original color you specified when you made the button.

Grouped objects are treated as a single object. If you just group a plain bit of text, the text is not longer treated as text but becomes a bitmap.

This is working with text links. It does not apply to groups of objects such as buttons.

If you have the underline option selected, and you ungroup a linked button, the text will have an underline.

But when you regroup the text with the button shape, the underscore and link color reverts back to the original color you specified when you made the button.

Grouped objects are treated as a single object. If you just group a plain bit of text, the text is not longer treated as text but becomes a bitmap.

Thanks,

I didn't realise that grouped objects are not seen as text (I just thought it was text with a filter, shadow etc) so I will use the HTMLtext on any text that is grouped. Thanks for the tip!

Andrew