Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Forums rearrangement

Hello everyone,

This is just a quick heads up to let you know we'll be re-arranging the forums this week.

This will largely be an organisational thing, to allow you to find what you need faster.

There will be a few forum closures. The Tech Support forum will be closed as the best way to get a guaranteed answer is to contact Xara directly. Ulead Photoimpact will be retired, as will the Xara Xtreme 5: The Official Guide Book as it's now served its purpose and is being mis-used by visitors.

If you have any comments please let me know... otherwise I suggest just waiting to see the new arrangement and seeing what you make of it.

Thanks
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

Default Re: Forums rearrangement

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
    There will be a few forum closures. Ulead Photoimpact will be retired, as will the Xara Xtreme 5: The Official Guide Book as it's now served its purpose and is being mis-used by visitors....Thanks
    Well, what a crazy thing to do - Gary Bouton is one of the most informative, intelligent and interesting contributors on the whole site. I do hope he will still have a prominent role here on TG. Of course if this is his own decision, then fair enough, but otherwise, he should be offered a prominent role here.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I guess there's two things there.. there's Gary, and there's the forum. The forum has had very litlte posts about the book, is being mis-used (i.e. posts that have nothing to do with it) and it's for software that's now last version. So I think purely on a forum level, it doesn't fit into the new structure... and I really want to rationalise and clean the structure.

Gary is always welcome here. I have asked if he'd contribute as a moderator on other forums, but he said he cannot afford the time to do so. He said that previously he wasn't allowed to promote his own site, but I have given that the OK - I'm quite happy to promote it, and we can 'coexist peacefully'. I am also happy to promote any of Gary's activies, and maybe have 'launch event forums' if he were to release other books etc.

I do think the way I told Gary could have been better, and I apologise for that. That's partially due to my shooting out messages in my lunch hour, and an eagerness to progress the forum reorganisation ASAP.
    IP

Some quick feedback on the new forum arrangement. I love it. The multiple sub-forum arrangement that was set up a while back has driven me nuts. Simplicity is much better and will make it easier for new forum users to find the correct forum to post in. Thanks Antony!

Rich
    IP

Thanks Rich.
    IP

I like the new arrangement. I never could remember where to find some of the sub-forums.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Since you changed the look and feel it is impossible to me to know what thread was updated since my last visit, in the old interface they appeared in dark blue but I can't notice how it is now.
    I really appreciate your reply.
    Javier
    IP

Javier, a thread with new posts will have this icon:

The title will also be bold, and there will be a small blue arrow to the left of it which you can click to take you to the first new post in that thread.

We will be redseigning the look of TalkGraphics in the near future - check out the poll in the Outsider forum.
    IP

Antony,
    Thank you very much for your reply, I didn't realize about it because it does not change if you read the thread and then go back, you need to refresh your browser to see it.
    Best regards
    Javier
    IP