Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default CPSPX2 V12.01 WINDOWS 7 WD external drive problem

I just got a new HP notebook and have a couple year old WD ext drive .. ALL of my .psp or .pspimages will not show up in the WD external drive folders like they always have. . Have to open them in CorelPSP.. Takes forever when looking for a tube doing it that way. Was fine in my other puter..... I contacted the store tech and they had no clue. I looked in info in Windows7 and couldnt find an answer. Has anyone else had this problem? I got away from the horror of Vista and then got this and a couple other issues with Windows7... the screen keeps opening up to full size for no reason..a real pain when trying to do 2 things at once..both want all the screen space... MAIN PROBLEM> is the question on how to make my images show that are NOT JPGS.. the JPGS all show...but thats all!!! Thank you for any help..
    IP

Default Re: CPSPX2 V12.01 WINDOWS 7 WD external drive problem

Have you tried saving the same images to another external drive, or a USB stick, and do you get the same problems?
    A friend of mine had trouble with her WD external drive recently, so it might well be the drive and nothing to do with PSP.
    PS: the friend bought another drive!

Grenou
    IP

Default Re: CPSPX2 V12.01 WINDOWS 7 WD external drive problem

The display of thumbnails in windows explorer Windows dependent on being turned on and having a Shell extension. The Window View should be set to show icons and in Folder options View Top line is a check box for show only icons never thumbnails So that should be unchecked. Next bit is Psp has a built in shell extension to allow thumbs of psp type formats. Many users Have had a problem with 64 bit operating systems. Bot Productions Make a 64 bit version Of the thumbnail handler [URL="http://www.botproductions.com/pspthumb/index.html[/URL]
    IP