Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Help Displaying Form Data in Text

In Web Designer I'm trying to add a script in front of some text that will display a persons name the was inputted into a web form from a previous page using GET not POST.

My thought went Something like this:

<script type="text/javascript">formData.display("name")</script>, go to your email inbox. I sent you important information. Thank you for visiting my website and I hope you have found it helpful. If you have any ideas or comments feel free to share them with me as this is very important.

If I add the script into the text like above it is displayed on the page with the script, not the persons name. How would I go about displaying the persons name?

Default Re: Help Displaying Form Data in Text

Hi,
    Web designer isn't capable of 'storing' strings by itself, you would need a script to achieve that function.
    Jim

You need to use a code placeholder.

Welcome to TalkGraphics wrussman

No need for you to reinvent the wheel. It already exists. And, it's FREE! :-)

I use a web-based form creating product, Email Me Form, www.emailmeform.com that does what you are asking automatically. Well, you have to set the form up to send an e-mail response to the sender. But it is very easy.

After your visitor submits her or his form, they are taken to another page on your website (you set this up) that contains whatever personal message you wish.

There is also an option to have an e-mail sent to the form submitter with a message that acknowledges your receipt of his or her form.