Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Here I am, hotfoot from the Painter List. This sort of list is a bit new to me, I have no idea how to post images here, as I've seen some do. Hang on....just playing with the icons, but they don't seem to do much...arrgh, I think I have a trip to FAQ due.
    Anyway, I love Painter, it's the one reason I got into computers at all. I use it for my work a lot more now, as clients are seeing the benefits of having digital files. I'm a professional Illustrator, I do mostly childrens' books, school books mostly, but I also do other stuff. I've done syndicated characters, like Rupert Bear and Puppy in my Pocket. And I've done those little flowery illustrations on loo paper! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] So it's quite an interesting job.
    Anyway, enough of that, I'll bore you to death. Let's see if I can get my web gallery URL up...

web gallery
    Hmmm...looks a bit funny on screen, but maybe it's ok.
    Looking forward to chatting here with you all! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    bestest
    Suzi
    IP

Here I am, hotfoot from the Painter List. This sort of list is a bit new to me, I have no idea how to post images here, as I've seen some do. Hang on....just playing with the icons, but they don't seem to do much...arrgh, I think I have a trip to FAQ due.
    Anyway, I love Painter, it's the one reason I got into computers at all. I use it for my work a lot more now, as clients are seeing the benefits of having digital files. I'm a professional Illustrator, I do mostly childrens' books, school books mostly, but I also do other stuff. I've done syndicated characters, like Rupert Bear and Puppy in my Pocket. And I've done those little flowery illustrations on loo paper! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] So it's quite an interesting job.
    Anyway, enough of that, I'll bore you to death. Let's see if I can get my web gallery URL up...

web gallery
    Hmmm...looks a bit funny on screen, but maybe it's ok.
    Looking forward to chatting here with you all! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    bestest
    Suzi
    IP

So glad you joined us. I am a fan of your art work.

To upload an attachment to a message under Post Now and the instant smilies there is Options. Check Post Attachment. Then click on Post Now. Then a second dilog box comes up for posting the image.

Judi
    IP

Hello Suzi!

I'm Glad you were able to find us. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Painter is one fabulous program. And you've stumbled onto a fabulous and friendly group of Painter users here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Feel free to add any suggestions, tips, advice, images that you'd like to share with us. Odds are, you'll pick up some cool ideas to take back with you too.

There are forums here at Talkgraphics.com on 3D Graphics in general, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, Web Design . . .lots of other neat topics if you get curious.

Thank you for taking the time to say hello [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Athena
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Hi Suzi,
    Welcome to the group. I hope you will stay for a good long while.
    Regards,
    Greg
    IP

Thanks for the welcome! And for the tips on how to post smileys and images. 'Fraid I'm a bit of a fluffy bunny with things webby. Doesn't help that we have a fault with our internet settings on this machine, making our access s-l-o-w!
    I hope to do some work in Painter today, practicing with Paulo's real watercolour brush (see other postings). If I can, I'll post the resulting sketch.
    IP