Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Import of Fonts and Templates from XX5

I have now installed Designer Pro 6 using the CD. I would like to import the fonts and brushes and colors and all the other additions from Xara Xtreme 5. When I try to use "Disk Designs" and look in the files where I downloaded those files, the file format field is blank, and the files show as empty. If I click the drop down box for formats, the field is empty. It seems the window cannot see ANY file extensions.

How do I import those designs and such?
    Just call me Grandpa Geek!
    Written in Comic Sans just for those fools protesting it should be banned.....LOL!

Default Re: Import of Fonts and Templates from XX5

Don't worry about the fonts, brushes, and colors because they are the same for all Pro versions. The Designer Pro 6 installed them along with the application.

There are a few designs that are included with Xtreme Pro 5 that are not carried over to Designer Pro 6, but there are many more new ones added.

Someone started a thread about getting the few designer from Xtreme Pro 5 into Designer Pro 6. I must get back to work, so don't have time to do a search.

If you search the forums you should be able to find that thread and the answer.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: Import of Fonts and Templates from XX5

not sure if this will help but when you point DP6 or whatever to xTreme5 find the clipart folder and then locate the xarainfo folder inside there.
    You won't see anything in there, but xara will.
    Hope this helps you out.

GL
    Steve