Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Layers...

Default Layers...

In theory I'm absolutely clear on the Layer issue, but in Webdesign 6, I cannot figure out how to work with the "Page & Layer". I need to put photos in separate layers, in order to create a rollover.

Here is what I want to accomplish:

I have 1 'before' and 1 'after' picture. When the mouse rolls onto the 'before' pic, the after pic should show up. Even better would be, if the 'before' pic was a thumb and the popping up 'after' pic came up enlarged.

The "Help" section on this is written so complicated and cumbersome, that I simply cannot figure out how to do it. I'd really appreciate your help in this.

Wolf

Default Re: Layers...

Hello Wolf and welcome to TalkGraphics

Have a look at this Workbook.

Basically, your pop-up layer has to be above the base layer. So if your base layer is Layer 1 or Mouse Off then create a new layer that is above the base layer.

Let's say you name the new layer Popup 1.

Select the new layer, Popup 1. Put your after image on Popup 1.

Now select your base layer.

Select the trigger object, your before image in this case, and link it to the Popup 1 layer. You can also use a Mouse Over link to a pop up layer so when you mouse over the trigger image the pop up layer appears.

The trigger image has to be on Layer 1 or Mouse Off layer or it will not appear when the page loads.