Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Buyers of Xara3D Beware!

I bought Xara3D at the Xara web site. The last page of the order process provided a download link. After clicking the download link, I was directed to a dead HTTP 404 page. No download of the purchased software. One day after purchasing the software, Xara has not emailed a receipt or a download link. Now I must file a billing dispute with my credit card company to recover my money. What a rip off!

Default Re: Buyers of Xara3D Beware!

Wrong forum and you probably used a wrong purchase location.

Many people have bought and downloaded software direct from Xara's website for many years. Your posting seems to be more suspicious than valid.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Whoops...perhaps I should have posted on the Xara3D forum...thought this forum was the right place...my apologies to all for posting in the wrong place! CONSEQUENTLY, I re-posted on the appropriate forum...and will leave this post to its own demise.
    Last edited by prston; 29 August 2010 at 03:26 AM.

Your assumption of 'suspicious' is more biased than just. I purchased Xara3D from the Xara web site by clicking the "Buy Online" button on this page http://www.xara.com/products/xara3d/...es/default.asp. After accepting my credit card payment, Xara provided a download link entitled "xara3d.exe"...and clicking on that download link took me to a dead HTTP 404 page that resulted in no download...and then clicking my browser's back button took me to a Xara page that said 'page expired'. FINALLY, the ONLY email sent by Xara regarding my software purchase was entitled "Welcome to Xara". That email merely thanked me for "opening an account with Xara". That email provided no receipt or download link. The bottom line is that Xara took my payment and never delivered the software. So, Soquili, go stuff yourself!

Have you checked with your card company that the transaction went through? Assuming it did then you have a grievence but its worth checking your account on the xara site (www.xara.com) to see if you purchase is listed there along with the serial number etc. It might be a bit of a inconvenience but you would then be able to re-download and unlock it.
    I, and many others have ben buying from xara for years with little problem so to assume you are being ripped off is a little harsh, though I admit when it goes wrong it seems like it.
    Derek

Hmm... maybe these threads could be moved to the appropriate board... you see so many other topics on other boards moved here and there, just wondering why the mods are not doing same for the xara 3d related...

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...