Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I welcome any suggestions etc that anyone could give me on my website. Take note, it is not intended to be a professional graphic design website, but for online games and personal use. I'm interested in becoming a professional when I get out of highschool this June, but untill then I'm limited to the cyber world. Let me know what you think!
    My Site

"No hour of life is wasted, that is spent in the saddle." -Sir Winston Churchill
    IP

I welcome any suggestions etc that anyone could give me on my website. Take note, it is not intended to be a professional graphic design website, but for online games and personal use. I'm interested in becoming a professional when I get out of highschool this June, but untill then I'm limited to the cyber world. Let me know what you think!
    My Site

"No hour of life is wasted, that is spent in the saddle." -Sir Winston Churchill
    IP

Whoops, the link did'nt work on that last post, click here to view it.

IP

Hi Zorse and Welcome

I like the colour scheme and the graphics on the homepage. However, the text throughout the site is a little small for me, also, I'm using Opera 7 and the page doesn't load into the frame correctly, it veers to the right.

Lottie
    IP

Hi Zorse ... welcome to TalkGraphics.

I too believe your font is a bit small. All of us are not 17 and have perfect vision. Your graphics on the other hand belie your age. The stallion ad is first rate and shown in the right circles should spur some interest. You should add where you are from (BC, Canada) to your profile ... it's always nice to know where the person you are writing to is since this truly is a global forum.

Keep up the good work ... and I hope you stick around a while ... this forum is a wonderful resource for artists of all disciplines.

-Ed.

BTW ... the pages loaded fine in IE6.
    IP

Awesome, Thanks so much for the feedback! I'll change that font size asap. How can you make sure that the page loads properly for people with all types of browsers?

IP

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zorse:
    Awesome, Thanks so much for the feedback! I'll change that font size asap. How can you make sure that the page loads properly for people with all types of browsers?

"No hour of life is wasted, that is spent in the saddle." -Sir Winston Churchill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my experience, there is no way. You need to check the site in as many browsers and resolutions as you can get your hands on.

I had one client who never saw the site the way I designed it. Turned out they where running a 640X480 screen with the default fault at 30 pitch. I am lucky I could get 1 word on a line without word wrapping.

John/DOT
    John/DOT
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> JOHN: 640X480 screen with the default fault at 30 pitch <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There goes your ENGWISH again

-Ed.
    IP

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OklaEd:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> JOHN: 640X480 screen with the default fault at 30 pitch <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There goes your ENGWISH again

-Ed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What can I say besides... Oooops...

John/DOT
    John/DOT
    IP

Nice concept all up Zorse. For me I like to have some 'white space' around text. Your frame text on the front page is against the border shadow on the left side. Easily fixed with style code in the head and apply the 'class' to each

. Maybe about 5px. Great future though, and you're about 50 years behind me. Keep it up.
    IP