Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Grouping & Saving photos online

I am grouping 3 photos on a new page in Xara and saving them as a JPEG so I can embed them on a splash page, but the entire page with all the white background is saved. When I embed the photo in my splash page, all of the Xara page(with white background)is saved, and the extra white section of the page that is saved leaves a big blank white space on my splash page. How do I get rid of the rest of the page and save only the group of 3 photos? Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Default Re: Grouping & Saving photos online

You could save as png with transparency
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

1) Select the 3 images you wish to export
    2) Select export from the menu
    3) Click the Bitmap size tab
    4) Make sure that Area to save is set to Selection rather than page.

Now only your three images will be saved along with what ever your canvas colour background is but it should only be the size of the 3 selected images. To avoid any background colour save out as gif or png with alpha.
    I ate my crayon.

And Bob's your uncle. Welcome to TalkGraphics Bob.

JPEG does not support transparency. So when you group and export your three images, the images are exported as a rectangle. If your page is white, then there will be a white background in the area of the rectangle not covered with your images.

So, as the members have suggested, you can either export your three images over a colored rectangle that is the same color as your intended background, or you can export the images using transparency.

I am not sure if your splash page is for a software program or a website or monitor based viewing.

I would suggest either True Color with Alpha or 256 colors with the transparency option selected.

If this is not clear, let us know and we can provide more details.