Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Animation introduces an artifact, also how do I up the resolution on the final fr

Beauty! Thanks, xtom.

Default Re: Animation introduces an artifact, also how do I up the resolution on the final fr

Welcome to TalkGraphics Just Ken

I suspect the original logo was done in Illustrator or perhaps was an EPS file and has suffered greatly in the translation.

The attached image shows the two rings un-grouped, about 87 objects. And the way the type has been broken also suggests Illustrator.

I un-grouped both and used Arrange > Combine Shapes > Add Shapes to create a single outline for each. But even so, when I add an outline to the text there is a lot of very weird stuff going on and this is what is making the objects look so ragged.

When I look at the outline of the text at 1000% zoom I see some odd nodes that may be causing the rough outline.

If possible, I would try to recreate the logo. The font is Souvenir Demi and is fairly common, SouvenirDemibold. The X is usable as is.

And there is a diagonal line that appears in your Animation file. It appears to be a path for your rings and is unnecessary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo.png 
Views:	203 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	76439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my-fonts.png 
Views:	200 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	76440  

Thanks for your help, gwpriester. I worked at simplifying the design as well: looks like I took the same steps as you, even down to using a font recognition service! I redrew the rings as simple ellipses, the company name as plain text over a white copy, and re-animated the whole thing (the diagonal line is just a register mark for the animation). The result is much improved.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is this the new file? The text is still grouped and the animation still looks a bit rough.