Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Erratic NavBar & 'dropdown' Menu Behaviour In Internet Explorer

Hi All,
    I agree with gsthunder. My own investigations today started with Google Translate (GT) because it was present on every page and "Voila!" - the problem went away when GT was removed. It's amazing that all other browsers seem to cope but IE doesn't. However, the evidence is clear. GT is definitely the culprit as far as my own particular problems are concerned.

I have republished the site without GT now and all seems to be behaving nicely. Hence, I breathe a sigh of relief and my Client is happy to have the site functioning at the expense of the language translation..

I would just like to thank everyone for their support and assistance with this issue. Without your supicions re: Google related products, I might have been struggling for some time with this. I truly appreciate the time and effort everyone has made to help.

Very Best Regards

TD

PS: gsthunder, I have left you a personal message on the 'related thread'. Big thanks to you, my friend, for all your time, help and comments re: the site.
    :-)

bb2,
    I forgot to ask, where did you log the bug report? I'm assuming with Google? Id be interested to follow this up, as in the event that the problem does lie with them and is resolved, I'd want to re-insert GT into my site. Can you please advise how I might go about such follow-up?

Many Thanks & Best Regards

TD

Hi the bug has been logged with Xara. Id recommend submitting a support ticket and the support team can advise you of the status of the bug once the problem has been investigated.

I havent tried this widget myself but microsoft provide a translation widget. Please see http://www.microsofttranslator.com/widget/

Perhaps this provides a suitable workaround for now.

I came across another widget http://free-website-translation.com/.
    It works with a drop down menu in IE8.

Hi jamesd & bb2,
    thanks for your responses and suggestions re: alternatives to GT. I'll investigate and may implement appropriately.

Hava gr8 day & Best Regards!

TD