Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default page background auto resize.

A quick question:-)

When I create a web page with a set size of 900 px wide and 1200 px height is there a way to have the page background automatically resize when I add new elements rather than having to define the page size in page option?

Thanks

Andrew

Default Re: page background auto resize.

Hello

OK not sure I understand your question, for clarity all of the pages o your site should really be of the same size, otherwise there is no way you can predict how your site will behave with different monitors and computer setups.

I may have missed the point here apologies if that is the case

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by awilson3rd View Post
    A quick question:-)

...... is there a way to have the page background automatically resize when I add new elements rather than having to define the page size in page option?
    In short.... No.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I should have explained better, only the page height is important so shouldnt be a issues for browsers.

Sledger, thanks for letting me know.

Andrew

Andrew, you can always just drag the bottom edge to extend/resize the page remember ;-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drag-resize.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	76326

Thanks - will just have to make sure I remember to do it when adding content because the page layer is behind another layer.

Thanks again

Andrew

Andrew, this page length problem is on the one hand a restrictive pain in the proverbial and on the other hand a great asset for those people who want true WYSIWYG. Later on, with more experience and the desire to move into dynamic web page creation you'll want to think of another tool, but for beginners (and indeed experienced users who want a quick as well as attractive result) Xara is by far the best tool for the job.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by awilson3rd View Post
    Thanks - will just have to make sure I remember to do it when adding content because the page layer is behind another layer.
    Makes no difference what so-ever. Just open the layer gallery and hide the layer, then drag'resize the page.

thanks to you both.

Andrew

Just to be sure I am getting this straight. If I add a text box to a page, and the text is too long for the box, the box will automatically extend downwards to accommodate it. However, everything else must be manually moved to accommodate it, including the page background and footer ?