Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well I tried to post this question earlier but I see it's not here so I'll try again...

Can I use XaraX creations with software like webpage express or trellix? If so how? I don't mean static gif images but things like rollovers and animated gifs and the like.

Just downloaded this thing and I'm still learning... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Xara is great for that kind of stuff, its got the best animated gif comp/editing available as far as I'm concerned.

So how does it work? I have Trellix, and I can insert HTML code directly into the page, or I can insert gif images directly into the page, but the java script that goes with rollovers is trickier. I'll have to create a container page to hold the different images and then link the java script to that page.... and other headaches...

There's GOT to be an easier way! Isn't there?

Thanks for your help!

If you don't want to do it manually some web authoring programs can format table cells for a rollover event, you then use swap image as the action that takes place. I don't know if the software you have can ? Microsoft Front Page has limited DHTML capability, If you want a lot of automated punch look at Macromedia Fireworks.

Have you looked in i-us Navworks? take a peek at the basics.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I can use notepad to open the file and get the HTML, but is that useable? Then I have to go in and change all the javascript to direct the links to the container page I'll have to build to hold all the different images for the rollover. I don't think XaraX is really gonna help me with Trellix. I have Xara3D and I can use that to make the buttons. I was hoping to find a shortcut to make rollovers and flash effects but it doesn't seem to work with Trellix. Oh well.

I went to navworks but didn't see anything usefull there at all. I didn't see any "basics" so I'm not sure what you were talking about. Navworks is just a column on the i/us homepage right?

Thanks for your help!

Yes, Navworks link is on the the i-us home page, click on the interface foundry, then on the first page of the interface foundry, scroll down to resources, just below in real small text, is interface basics, click on that cause its free knowledge.

you can download html and script editors as freeware, Netscape's got several on their download site you can try out, some of em are nice programs. Then you can copy and paste till ya get dizzy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

But the way Trellix uses graphics and javascript for rollovers I don't think XaraX will help me. I have to create a separate container page to preload all the images down to then modify the javascript to go get those images when action is taken on the original images. I'd end up having to almost rewrite the entire javascript code. Yeesh.

Is there anyway to get XaraX to make the javascript retrieve the gifs from another resource page? Some kind of preload function?

Yeah... I didn't think so.

Thanks again though!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Is there anyway to get XaraX to make the javascript retrieve the gifs from another resource page? Some kind of preload function?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure that Xara is a drawing program, I have'nt got XaraX yet but I don't think it does any scripting, least I haven't seen anything about scripting on any of Gary's pre-release demonstrations.

I hope you get it figured out.

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on October 07, 2000 at 11:45 AM.]

Here's what Xara.com has to say about XaraX:

"Listed below are some of Xara X's key features...
    *-*Web design - including automatic HTML and JavaScript production for rollovers
    *-*Export to all major formats - including Macromedia Flash (.swf) "

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. Hopefully this message board will be around long enough for us to figure out something. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I took a peak at the promo, it looks like its set up to work with Macromedia dreamweaver, that makes it real easy, just copy it to the clip board and paste it into the document window.