Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Combined Effort

Default Combined Effort

Hi all
    Here is our website. It is a combined effort between me and Eric aka bcire68.
    Hope you enjoy! Comments, questions and critique welcome. Thanks for all your support. http://webdesignertemplate.com
    I was born outside the box! - Aridzone
    WebDesignerTemplate

Default Re: Combined Effort

Updated the home page with 3 new flash
    Comments appreciated...
    WebDesignerTemplate

Have you thought about a favicon for your domain?
    Anyone bookmarking your site would probably appreciate it?

Overall a very nice job. I like the concept and overall job you did.

FWIW's a few observations from me as you asked for feedback...

1 - as I have mentioned many times on here when I post feedback I am a huge believer in carrying the same theme( i.e. appearance/colors/etc. )throughout the entire site 99% of the time. There are a few instances where different themes on different pages works but to me your site is not one of those types.

You have multiple themes and it just doesn't work for me personally. Any one of your themes looks great on it's own but IMO pick one "look" and then go with that on all pages. I like your home page( white )theme the best and would make that the theme on all of your pages. It is the most business like and professional of the pages so use that everywhere. JMHO.

Total # of pages = 10
    Total # of themes/color changes/etc... = 5

2 - Template Sample Page. Menu bar only on bottom and it is going through some blank frames. No header either as you have on your other pages. Add the header and move the menu bar to the top. Page looks incomplete.

3. Menu/Nav Bar. On the tabs where you have drop down menus the actual title text takes you to the home page. You should disable the links on the title text where it has a drop down menu. If you scroll and click quick enough you can actually miss the drop downs and it makes it look like that page is the same as the home page OR there isn't a page about that item available.

4 . Get those Under Construction pages done ASAP. Nothing kills a site like incomplete pages. Lots of people will visit and see that and not come back. It is really bad to see those on a business site. Personally it is a big deal to me. Don't send a site up until it is 100% done.

Hope this helps and it doesn't come off badly? Just trying to help out. Thanks for sharing with us.

Drop downs on your site hard to use with Chrome. Good content, hope it works for you all.
    Design is thinking made visual.

As this is a commercial site I'm assuming you want it spidered by Google. Google (and other search engines) don't see images, only text. I have a Firefox extension called "Web Developer" which allows me to switch off all CSS and images and see your site as Google would see it. The only text on your home page that Google is likely to see is.

View Templates Free Samples
    Banner Ads Easy Flash
    About Us Contact Us Buy Xara Web Designer 6 Buy Xara Designer Pro Buy Xara3D 6 Talk Graphics Xara-Users
    Consider:
    1. adding a text only menu at the bottom of every page
    2. adding a site map clearly linked as such from every page
    3. adding a block of text to your home page indicating clearly and succinctly the purpose of the website and put it just after the <body> tag
    4. including the word Xara into the title of your pages
    5. reading this thread

Some great suggestions everyone! Thanks.
    We clearly still have work to do.
    We wanted to get the product out ASAP.
    I'm sure you understand as it is an 80+ page website.

Thanks again.

PS Albacore I don't have any problems with Chrome.
    WebDesignerTemplate