Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well here's something I started a few nights ago. A drawing of a Vought F4U "Corsair" World War 2 era aircraft. It isn't done but I couldn't wait any longer to post it :-). It still needs some good weathering, shading, a bit of shininess maybe and some more work in the paint chipping department (creating brushes for that ... I have made one chipped-paint-brush and used it on a few spots but mainly as a test at present so it will change). I have put some effects from the exhaust running along the fuselage and will probably add more. The plane sometimes showed a quite prominant marking from the engine exhaust near the cowling.

I wouldn't mind seeing some planes done with XaraX ... does anyoine know of any sites.

David King
    www.dkingdesign.com

Well here's something I started a few nights ago. A drawing of a Vought F4U "Corsair" World War 2 era aircraft. It isn't done but I couldn't wait any longer to post it :-). It still needs some good weathering, shading, a bit of shininess maybe and some more work in the paint chipping department (creating brushes for that ... I have made one chipped-paint-brush and used it on a few spots but mainly as a test at present so it will change). I have put some effects from the exhaust running along the fuselage and will probably add more. The plane sometimes showed a quite prominant marking from the engine exhaust near the cowling.

I wouldn't mind seeing some planes done with XaraX ... does anyoine know of any sites.

David King
    www.dkingdesign.com

... I can just see that this is going to be a really good one. It already looks great but I think I can imagine what you have in mind.

You guys should visit David's web site - I absolutely love his paintings!

Risto

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Ya-ya nice plane [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] What I really love are David's "landscape" paintings! If David is agreeable, I'd like to commission him to do one of Peggy's Cove that I can give my wife for Christmas. (She doesn't read this). Her mother's family is from Peggy's Cove. I'll email you David soon on this matter.

I was only kidding with the "ya-ya" comment. Of course it is a great plane and I look forward to seeing how the image develops. The chipped-paint brush sounds interesting.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Hi David,

I like the plane!! I can see why you were impatient to post your drawing. I look forward to seeing the finished drawing. I made several searches for planes done with XaraX but didn't find any. If you are interested, you can see some good photos of planes at the Air Force Museum website http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/index.htm

Many of the aircraft pages have detailed photos and some have virtual tours. Unfortunately, the Navy museum doesn't feature photos of their aircraft. The F4U was flown by Navy and Marine pilots if my memory is correct.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi David,
    I really like the plane! You've done a gerat job on the subtle shading. Are you working from drawings or photos or both. I am looking forward to seeing the completed drawing.
    John

Hehehe ... I am working from some photos and a side drawing (I found online) which shows some major panel lines better (not for the wings though). But the whole thing started as a screen shot I took from Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2 while flying the Corsair. Then I drew the various shapes on top of that pic in XaraX. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I might do some more planes as I have books on a few which show better detail than I have for this one.

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com

Thanks for the link. I liked the Spitfire and the Me262 there. The Honda Firestorm bike is nice too with it's glowing sheen (although I'm not really a motorcycle fan).

Here's the latest stage on my Corsair. Still a little work left.

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Looking good David! Are you going too draw yourself at the controls? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>