Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Sierra Dinero

Wink Sierra Dinero

This is my first attempt at digital painting. Using just the tools within XDP6, from scratch and without the use of a photograph, although it is based on a photo I took at the very beginning of April this year... It represents the Sierra Dinero, a little known* range of hills within the more well known Sierra Cazorla Natural Park that lies around the borders of Jaen and Granada provinces in Northern Andalucia. I was very pleased with the portrayal of the clouds and mistiness that one often sees in this range of mountains. Mainly achieved with fractal cloud fills and transparencies. Two Xara filters, the art filter and bump map were also used. If anyone is keen on knowing the location of the Sierra Dinero, I'll post a diagram.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sierra dinero.png 
Views:	193 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	75420  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Sierra Dinero

Very effective, Bob, especially the sky.

Hi Bob

Can you post a photo of the type of sky and mountains you're painting? Living next to the Pyrenees I definitely appreciate that kind of armospheric view but they run from east to west and I never get to see the sun setting or rising over them.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Hiya Frank,
    Here's a photo taken just after sunrise, facing West. This should give an impression of the sort of sky I was trying to create, although not of the actual scene, which was taken around noon on a cloudless day.
    This photo was taken for the almost haunted/scary feel to the shadows within the grove of almond trees.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cazorla.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	75445  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I bet it looks really scary on a cloudy day!!!
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.