Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Trying Designer 6 Clipview Key hole icon?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    You are not alone in missing the keyhole. It made things a lot easier.
    Agreed. The worst thing about this for me is that on trying to apply an effect to an object it isn't immediately clear why the effect doesn't take, whereas in the good old days you knew immediately that it was because it was a clipview object.

I feel a "Dear Xara..." coming on

status bar? [quicker than the [whatever is called now] gallery]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I forgot why I went back to using Xara Xtreme Pro v4 after installing the v6 trial when working to a particular deadline but the 'missing keyhole' was it.

The v6 trial has expired on me now - I was inspired to upgrade after watching bits of Xhris's videos, but laziness, pettiness over the pricing, and the missing keyhole got the better of me and I stuck to the habit of using what I know in v4. A stupid decision maybe, but so is taking away the keyhole...

I'm very grateful that the keyhole is gone. In previous releases, trying to see through the keyhole litter was a serious exercise in frustration. And since there are so many more "clipped" objects now, I can only imagine that the visual litter could easily become impenetrable.

I missed the keyhole icon too but I thought maybe that was the difference between the standard and the pro version. Checking the help file I found out about the Ctrl+click. I like it now that I've gotten used to it and it seems to give more control over the individual objects in a clipview.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.