Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Lost my Publishing info

I updated my DP6 yesterday to "bring it up to the CD version." It did it, but I just discovered that all of my upload publishing data is gone. The update is the only thing I've done as far as I know that could have caused that. If that is a bug or is expected, we should be forewarned so we can write that info down. I had 5 web sites stored. If it's not expected what could I have done to lose that info?

Default Re: Lost my Publishing info

Yes Xara recommend choosing the 'default' settings option (as pointed out by Bhavesh from Xara three days ago) when you install the new versions.
    This option will give you a clean installation of your application.

Toolbars and other custom settings will always need setting up again.
    But you should be able to re enter your FTP details from the original source as you did the first time?

Default Re: Lost my Publishing info

Thanks for prompt reply Steve. I did choose default but did not realize the full implications of that.

I can, and did, re-enter for one of my sites that I had the info written down.
    I'll figure out the others, but it's annoying to have to do that. Having DP6 remember the settings was one of the reasons I upgraded from Xtreme 5. Peter