Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default IE can't find the form

I am creating a contact form in web designer 6. The form works properly with Firefox and other browsers. Except for Internet Explorer. It cannot find the page. Note: the form is on the layer and being triggered by a button.

http://faithisbydesign.com/test/

Here is the code that coffee cup form makers gave me. I can't figure out why IE can't find it. Has anyone run into this problem?

<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script><div id="CC3446313">Form Object</div><script type="text/javascript">var so = new SWFObject("prayer_form.swf", "prayer_form.xml", "500", "431", "7,0,0,0", "#ffffff");so.addParam("classid", "clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000");so.addParam("quality", "high");so.addParam("scale", "noscale");so.addParam("salign", "lt");so.addParam("FlashVars", "xmlfile=prayer_form.xml&w=500&h=431");so.write("C C3446313");</script>
    Last edited by Psaumure; 15 August 2010 at 08:30 AM.

Default Re: IE can't find the form

It states as you probably know "Can't find form you will need to upload your XML file" or something like that. Works with Chrome.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Obviously IE is not a true believer.

Why don't you contact Coffee Cup and see what they have to say. I tried the script and could not generate any more than text with no link.

Hi Gary. I tried coffee cup but they don't have answer. I have been experimenting and the problem comes in when I put a placeholder on the layer. If I put the form placeholder directly on the main page it works with IE. I have discovered a workaround. If I use a I-frame on the layer it resolves a problem also. I can't figure out why the code does not work on the layer with IE. It seems to work with everything else.

Coffee Cup software is made to work with IE first, other browsers second.
    So if it fails it's because you have missed something.
    My first thought is that the prayer_form.swf and prayer_form.xml files, are not in the expected and required place.

pgd6 Re: IE can't find the form

Hi Steve, thank you for your input. I would agree with that except for everything is in the root directory. For some reason, it can't find the XML file that is sitting in the root directory. I have attached all the files that I am using. It seems to have something to do with putting the form on a different layer. If you put it down on the mouse off layer, i.e. can read it. do I need to create a separate page just for my forms? videos and other placeholders worked fine. This one seems to stump me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    If you put it down on the mouse off layer, i.e. can read it.
    Hmm.. looks like a bug..
    Have you tried the CoffeeCup forums?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Hmm.. looks like a bug..
    Have you tried the CoffeeCup forums?
    Believe it or not I have a solution to this IE problem.

It's not your form or CoffeeCup. I own and had the same issue.
    It's the settings in the IE ActiveX scripts. There are multiple ActiveX scripts running and they are conflicting with each other. I put a disclaimer under my form explaining what the problem.
    And CC says the only fix is on the viewing end.
    Sorry.

The problem only occurs when the forms inserted onto a popup layer so i wonder whether its conflicting with something within roe.js..

Yes, I contacted coffee cup but since it only happens in the pop up layer they referred me back to Xara to resolve the issue. Their software is working properly. It has something to do with the code that is being written from Web designer. It took a lot of investigation just to pin it down to the pop-up layer. There is something that is confusing IE when the code is written from the pop up layer. I ran into the same problem some time back with JW player. That's why I would like to resolve this issue so that I know how to deal with widgets on layers.