Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need Help w/ Shading

I working on a logo for my band. I'm having one issue with shading. The logo is a pill bottle with the words Pharmacy Toys over it. The problem I'm having is that the cap on the pill bottle needs to be shaded in some way, or needs some kind of light/dull color; it looks like something is missing with the white bottle cap. I made two versions of the image. The difference between the two is that one has a paper texture for the label on the pill bottle. Here's a link to the photobucket album of the logos: http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...armacy%20Toys/. The one titled "PT logo -alt" is the textured one.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Adam
    Last edited by adam79; 13 August 2010 at 03:22 AM.

Default Re: Need Help w/ Shading

Hi Adam,

You haven't mentioned which software you are using?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Hi Adam,

You haven't mentioned which software you are using?
    I'm using GIMP on a Mac.

Thanks,
    -Adam

Also, it seems like the words could be more distiguished from the bottle. I increased the brightness level of the bottle before pasting on the words, which did help, but there's either a better method (other than just brightening the background image), or something I could do to the lettering allowing it to stand out more.

Thanks,
    -Adam

Hi

I think your letters need an outline ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Hi

I think your letters need an outline ?
    I tried doing that, but it's didn't really make a big difference; I did the outline in black. I'm still trying different methods though. I tried putting the words through filters, but none of them really made the words more defined (although I'm really going in blind as I know nothing about the filters themselves as well as applying them correctly). I'm brand new to this graphic design stuff.. this is my first time working in an advanced program like GIMP)

The thing that I'm more concerned about is the bottle cap needing some kind of coloring or shading of some kind. It just looks like something is missing..

Thanks,
    -Adam