Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Image on 3D

Default Image on 3D

Hello Everyone
    Just wondering if someone might be able to help me out here.
    In Xara Extreme, I open a picture and click on "3D" and use the extrude depth at 10.
    I would like to save that and transfer it over to Xara 3D. Can I do that?
    I gave it a tried, and the picture image that was on the 3D design did not stay on.
    Only the 3D design open up in Xara 3D.
    I hope I'm not confusing anyone with what I am trying to say here.

I guess what I am trying to say here is I would like to put a picture image on any design in Xara Extreme and transfer it over to Xara 3D with the picture on the design intact.

Thanks any help would be appreciated.

I'm just a newbie to the Xara Extreme and trying to figure out everything right now.

Default Re: Image on 3D

Hi Rich

Welcome to TalkGraphics

No, you cannot bring an extruded image into Xara 3D. The image has to be vector.

But in Xara 3D you can add the same extrusion to the object just as you did in Xara Xtreme, only you have many more options.

Copy a simple vector shape to the clipboard and then paste it into Xara 3D and play around a bit. That is one way to learn.

I am also going to move this thread to the Xara 3D forum where it is more appropriate.

Thanks gwpriester,
    Since I'm not able to do that, I was wondering if it is possible to one picture on one side of a design I use, and a different one on the other side.
    Another words when the 3D turns, I would like to have one picture showing and after the turn another one ?

I also have problems with the sizing of my images when I put them on a design.
    What I do is I insert the picture by using the texture feature on the button on the design. I don't know if this is the correct method or not, but it does work.
    The thing is, my image will adjust to the size of the design and make it look blurry a little bit. I know how to adjust the size of the Xara3d window to make it smaller so the picture will look good. But was wondering if there was a easier way of doing it.
    What I mean is, is there a setting to have my picture with it's original size put on the design I use?

I am also aware of the controls on the right where you can adjust the size of the image on the design to make it larger, smaller, move right, move left and turn.

I also know that I can adjust the size of the design to match up with the image.

I know this is a whole lot to take it, but just wanted to know if there was a easier way of going about doing it?

I was looking at some of the tutorials on Xara 3D, but some of them had to do with Xara Extreme. Is there any videos on Xara3D itself that will show how to use all of the features in Xara3D?

Thanks
    Rich

PS either way I'm having fun with the Xara3D and I think the software is awesome

There is a movie here http://www.xara.com/products/xara3d/demomovies.asp that demonstrates the features.

Check the listings in this forum. Mike Sims has done quite a number of excellent tutorials.

Thank You