Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thumbnail pop-up question

Hello,

I've recently finished my website for my art portfolio and have run into some trouble with my thumbnails and photos.
    Right now the thumbnails are just shrunk down versions of photo that appears on the right side of the book. I applied the pop-up feature so that a bigger version pops up.
    What I'd like to have is a cropped, close up or detailed, thumbnail image that has the pop-up feature and when clicked pops up the entire photo that is seen on the right.
    Not sure if its possible though. I've spent the last few hours hunting through tutorials and forums to figure it out. I would love any feedback!

heres my site.
    http://socialzombie.magix.net/public/

Default Re: Thumbnail pop-up question

Here Is a sample file you can look at it and see how it was created.
    Layers Image.xar
    Hope it helps
    JimM

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately the problem I'm having deals with more of the pop-up photo feature and not so much the pop-up layer feature. I still really appreciate your help.

Hi,
    I generally don't use the Pop-up photo feature cause that pops up the image that initiates the pop-up. My file the large image can be the original photo placed on a background or your own created frame.
    JimM

Cool site

Quote Originally Posted by SarahC View Post
    What I'd like to have is a cropped, close up or detailed, thumbnail image that has the pop-up feature and when clicked pops up the entire photo that is seen on the right.
    I'm having a problem wrapping my head around this passage
    Could you try explaining another way please ?

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Steve,

I think Sarah is talking about something like the example below where the thumbnail is a small section of the full sized photo. Of course I could be completely wrong.

@ Sarah,

If that is what you want to do you can do it by using popup layers.

To create your thumbnail image:
    Bring in your full sized photo onto the mouseOff layer.
    Draw a small rectangle over the area of the photo that you want to be in your thumbnail.
    Press Ctrl+Shift+B to send it back 1 level
    With the Shift button held down select your photo (now you have both the rectangle and the photo selected)
    Press Q to apply a clip view.
    Bingo, there is your thumbnail image.

To create your full sized photo pop up:
    Open the layer gallery
    Select a layer (any layer) and press the new button at the top of the gallery
    Name this new layer something that will identify what it is (photo 1 for example)
    Open the bitmap gallery and drag you photo onto the page where you want it to appear.
    Now you have your photo pop up layer created.

To link your thumbnail to your pop up layer:
    Select your thumbnail image.
    Press Ctrl+Shift+W to bring up the link properties.
    in the drop down field next to 'Pop-up layer' choose your pop up layer that you created. (photo 1)
    That is it you are done.

You can repeat these steps as many times as you need to and fill your entire page with thumbnails.

I hope that helps.

Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumb_example.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	75346  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bcire68; 13 August 2010 at 08:29 AM.
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Yes I think you're right Eric, makes more sense to me now.

So Sarah, in a nutshell - the Highslide popups photo system can't work this way, but using popup layers will allow you to have a popup photo which differs from the thumbnail

Hey guys. Thank you so much for your help. I was having a hard time explaining what I needed. I should have went with pictures the first time.
    Thank you for the tutorial Eric! Unfortunately its not quite what I was trying to go for.
    I attached two photos (hopefully :/ ) and the first one is what I have now. Shrunken, hard to read photo/thumbnail where when you click on it a close up version of it pops up in an entirely separate window.
    what I'd like to have is the second photo where it has the large, zoomed in photo/thumbnail and when you click on it the entire art piece pops up in a separate window.
    I get very close to accomplishing this except my cropped, zoomed in thumbnail when clicked, only pops up in a separate window the cropped version only its much bigger.

I'm thinking that its not going to be possible with this program but I appreciate any and all replies. thank you so much!

-Sarah
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail example now.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	75417   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail example future.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	155.4 KB 
ID:	75418  

Hi Sarah,,

See this demo

Is this similar to what you are wanting?

Maybe this is what she is talking about.
    http://www.webdesignertemplate.com/Framed.htm
    I was born outside the box! - Aridzone
    WebDesignerTemplate