Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Stately Home message????

Something weird is happening with my copy of Web Designer 6. I have built a site that is around 40 pages which occasionally crashes when uploading, or rather than crash appears to still be uploading continuosly even though the pages have all changed online.
    It locks the pc partly and WD6 so I have to force a close - when I force WD to close an error box pops up with "Help Help! we are being held hostage in a stately home!"

Anyone know what the heck that is ?

Default Re: Stately Home message????

You better take a screenshot quickly and send it to support at Xara., and one to MS while you're at it
    Does it say how many hostages there are?

Seriously, if you're serious.
    Scan your system for malware

Hehehehehehe, it sounds to me like it's a Gaddesden Place easter egg.

Nice one, programmers, LOL

you beat me to it on that one Frank - hostages held somewhere in Hertfordshire I wouldn't mind betting..

still if the computer is active on the web when it 'shouldn't be' thats a worry and should be checked certainly
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Haven't seen that one in years. Glad to know it's still in there.

BTW, the stately home was available as an alternative icon for the app. Still is. XDP6 boasts an updated version.

Lightbulb Re: Stately Home message????

That error message does sound very familiar. I think there was a similar message that appeared in a previous piece of Xara software - back when they were Computer Concepts developing for Acorn Archimedes. Maybe its a relic from the original ArtWorks code?

Maybe someone from Xara can remember....

Rich

Thanks for the replies guys - I did think it was likely to be some joker at Xara rather than somebody hacking into my pc so I wasn't over worried. Probably more concerned that the programme freezes although it never seems to lose any work so it's not the end of the world.
    Thanks
    Kilo

Hi

This is internal old text which should never normally be displayed. It will be removed from future builds.

Thanks
    Bhavesh