Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bug Serial Invalid (error code 14)

Excuse me, but i expose my problem in french

Ayant reçu mon CD, j'ai désinstallé la version téléchargée pour installer la version CD.
    Au moment d'activer mon logiciel, j'ai tapé le code indiqué sur la jaquette du CD, mais le programme me dit que ce code est invalide (error code -14) et que si le problème persiste, il me faut contacter le support Xara.

J'ai essayé d'entrer, à la place, le code reçu lors du téléchargement et le programme me dit que j'ai déjà enregistré ce produit.

Tout semble fonctionner, mais je trouve étrange que le code indiqué sur le CD soit invalide.

Avez-vous rencontré ce même problème ?

Merci d'avance pour votre réponse (et je ne sais même pas où trouver l'adresse du support Xara, si ce n'est le site qui ne répond pas à ma question)
    http://www.feminin.ch/xara/xara.htm

I don't speak English, but french (thank you Google translator), but Xara is above that! )

Default Re: Serial Invalid (error code 14)

I also found that the serial printed on the back of the CD envelope for the disc was invalid. I went online to my Xara account, signed in and went to My Products where they are listed and found that the serial number listed there against the CD purchase was different from the one printed on the envelope so I entered that one instead and it was all ok. I hope that helps.

My above reply translated to French:
    J'ai aussi trouvé que la série imprimé sur le dos de la pochette du CD pour le disque n'était pas valide. Je suis allé à mon compte en ligne Xara, signé à et se rendit à mes produits là où ils sont énumérés et a constaté que le numéro de série qui y sont énumérés à l'achat de CD a été différent de celui imprimé sur l'enveloppe donc je suis rentré que l'on place et on a tous les OK. J'espère que cela aide.

I don't know if the serial that was on my CD envelope was invalid or not, but it was definitely radically different from the one in my Xara account, which is the one I tried first so that I wouldn't have to type in all of those numbers.

As far as I know it worked ok, I didn't receive any error messages of any kind either during the registration or the next time I ran it to set up my custom toolbars.

As french via google translate:

Je ne sais pas si la série qui était sur mon enveloppe CD était invalide ou non, mais ce n'était certainement radicalement différente de celle de mon compte Xara, qui est celui que j'ai d'abord essayé de sorte que je n'aurais pas à taper dans l'ensemble de ces chiffres.

Pour autant que je sais qu'il a travaillé ok, je n'ai pas reçu les messages d'erreur de quelque nature que ce soit pendant l'enregistrement ou la prochaine fois que j'ai couru c'est de mettre en place mes barres d'outils personnalisées.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Thank You, Odat and sjukmidlands.

I hope everytinghs is OK with the serial send with ma download copy
    http://www.feminin.ch/xara/xara.htm

I don't speak English, but french (thank you Google translator), but Xara is above that! )

No problems and good luck! You live in my favourite country! I visit Switzerland often (although the Berner Oberland mostly). Steve

Hi,
    Some one must have messed up as I had the same problem! Gotta go and get the serial # and right it somewhere.
    JimM

I believe this error message appears if:
    -the Xara download version has been installed previously on the machine
    -the Xara download version has been activated using the serial number for the download version

After I received the CD, I couldn't activate Xara using the provided serial on the CD either (Serial Invalid (error code 14)).

I activated the Xara CD version using the serial I received from the download version.
    Last edited by Nostaw; 10 August 2010 at 11:12 PM.

I had exactly the same experience as you Nostaw. Makes me wonder if at some stage down the track I might have problems reinstalling but Na! surely not, technology has moved on from that, hasn't it?

Should I keep the new invalid serial number? Should I keep both? What does the Xara database of serial numbers look like with tens, hundreds perhaps .... of invalid serial numbers peppered through it?

I think I'll have another coffee.
    Erik

EJ, I know, it's very confusing. Definitely keep the CD-serial! The CD-serial number works only if no Xara6 trial has been installed (and activated using the serial number for the download version) previously.

I installed the CD-version on one of my computers (which didn't have the trial installed), and the CD-serial worked.

On my other machine, where I had the trial installed and activated using the serial number for the download version, the CD-serial did not work.