Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Designer Pro 6 - page creation problem!!

Hello again,

Once again i find myself in need of clarification.

I am updating my website, and am using one of the templates in the new DP6 program. i have altered the pages to my liking and nearing completion, however i have hit an obstacle.

The page in question has a placeholder in the main window which will relate to another page of text creating a scrolling text column. i have the iFrame code etc and have saved the details. I now need to create just a blank new page on which the text will appear, however i can not seem to create a new blank page that i can size to whatever i need?

I managed this very easy in Extreme Pro 5? so am a little confused??

Any idea's please

I have attached clippings of two error messages i get when trying to adjust the page size. hope it helps ?

Many thanks as always

Nick

P.S. .xar file attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara prog error.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	75239   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara warning.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	75240  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by The Nikster; 09 August 2010 at 04:42 PM. Reason: New information.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Designer Pro 6 - page creation problem!!

Hi Nikster,

That is strange. I don't get an error at all when I resize the page. You could try a reinstall to see if that helps.

Eric
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

There's something wrong with your pasteboard background. Page 1 is OK, but when I turn off the background on the other pages it looks like it's shifted (gray background). See attached. I can resize page 1, but not the other pages.

Jim

EDIT: Not really sure of the problem, but it's like there's 2 brown backgrounds. If I delete one, or delete the pasteboard background then it's resizable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture151.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	75248  
    Last edited by jimhanus; 09 August 2010 at 09:56 PM.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Yes, there is a rounded rectangle over the page. If you move it or reduce it in size you can resize the page and then resize the rectangle.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

xdp6 Re: Designer Pro 6 - page creation problem!!

Thank you Eric and Jim for having a look at this for me.

I have played around with this for hours now and it seems to be something to do with the template, or at least as far as i can tell?

My old website, i created completely from scratch with a blank page to start with etc, etc. I seem to remember that when using that method and using extreme pro 5, you could add a blank white page and customise it accordingly.

I have created a dummy site from site and sure enough NO ISSUES, so i can only summise that there is an issue creating a blank page when using a template, or at least this template????

VERY frustrating after nearly completing the damn thing...

Any other ideas though would be very greatfully recieved.

Once again many thanks

Nick