Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Check it out

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    Hi, can I ask who your target audience is? I have a couple of suggestions, but they might not be relevant.
    The target audience are lighting manufacturers. typically small to medium size companies.

Do you think the graphics are too much or detract. Our site www.rkimarketing.com is more basic. I wanted to convey an "out of this world" technology, a "new world" of lighting site, something different and new.

I hate boring, but simple sells,do you suggest something more sterile or "laboratory-ish"? I think that is it, (Ahaaa!) I will get pics of the lab in Taiwan and create pages based with them, some graphics to liven things up, but the new site should welcome manufacturers to the factory. What do you think?

this site does look cool though
    Last edited by ruffino; 10 August 2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: site idea
    Michael Ruffino
    www.rkimarketing.com
    www.enerlightingusa.com
    "Enjoy the Process!"

Default Re: Creative input for animation

Rotating eggs - ok - but why do the lights rotate as well - normally any lighting would be static - reduces the authenticity for me.

Otherwise its developing even if the rotation is not as smooth as I would have thought possible.

Also the site took some 30 seconds or so for all the eggs to appear and rotate at their full speed.

Just my thoughts ...
    Alan

Default Re: Creative input for animation

Quote Originally Posted by ajreed View Post
    Rotating eggs - ok - but why do the lights rotate as well - normally any lighting would be static - reduces the authenticity for me.

Otherwise its developing even if the rotation is not as smooth as I would have thought possible.

Also the site took some 30 seconds or so for all the eggs to appear and rotate at their full speed.

Just my thoughts ...
    I agree about the lights, sort of a default for the 3d graphics program, it does take too long to load, perhaps static planets, but I do think the lab idea has merit.

I am going to keep this template for a personal site later. I am also going to toy around with the graphics generator and animation, I like to be different and different is more impressionable, good or bad.
    Michael Ruffino
    www.rkimarketing.com
    www.enerlightingusa.com
    "Enjoy the Process!"

A little pushed for time so I can't really comment in length as I'd like so just some bullet points

• I looked at your site this morning and I thought "Easter Eggs"
    • the animations are huge and serve no actual purpose other than to detract the user's attention from the real star, the product
    • "the new site should welcome manufacturers to the factory" - do you think your design does this?
    • the most important thing you have is your product - the biggest thing on your home page is planet earth : they are both fighting for attention and earth clearly wins
    • the concept of 'out of this world' is understandable but it can also mean 'way out', 'far out' 'lost in space' - if you had William Shatner to advertise your product the concept would work, but as it stands, it's simply too big and anomalous a concept to work on its own - you want people thinking of ET's little fingertip, you don't want people to think of 'Alien'
    • you have text all over the place leading to wandering eye syndrome - help the user find his way, use visual logic.
    • The killer phrase "solid state lighting without the need of massive heatsinks" should be the headline, at the moment it is a little lost
    • your home page is

See the attached for an example of how the designer attracts the viewer's focus to the primary objective, at left is what has been created, at right is what the user's eyes are automatically drawn to, use this to your advantage!

I hope you find those points useful

A bientôt!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eye_focus.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	75269  

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    A little pushed for time so I can't really comment in length as I'd like so just some bullet points

• I looked at your site this morning and I thought "Easter Eggs"
    • the animations are huge and serve no actual purpose other than to detract the user's attention from the real star, the product
    • "the new site should welcome manufacturers to the factory" - do you think your design does this?
    • the most important thing you have is your product - the biggest thing on your home page is planet earth : they are both fighting for attention and earth clearly wins
    • the concept of 'out of this world' is understandable but it can also mean 'way out', 'far out' 'lost in space' - if you had William Shatner to advertise your product the concept would work, but as it stands, it's simply too big and anomalous a concept to work on its own - you want people thinking of ET's little fingertip, you don't want people to think of 'Alien'
    • you have text all over the place leading to wandering eye syndrome - help the user find his way, use visual logic.
    • The killer phrase "solid state lighting without the need of massive heatsinks" should be the headline, at the moment it is a little lost
    • your home page is

See the attached for an example of how the designer attracts the viewer's focus to the primary objective, at left is what has been created, at right is what the user's eyes are automatically drawn to, use this to your advantage!

I hope you find those points useful

A bientôt!
    All good point! Thank You
    Michael Ruffino
    www.rkimarketing.com
    www.enerlightingusa.com
    "Enjoy the Process!"

PS: does this qualify as constructive criticism?

PPS: your design reminds me of a design I created for a client quite a long time ago - all of the points I make above were as valid then as they are now - but my client was absolutely sold on the 'lost in space' theme, if I can find the design i'll post it here for interest's sake

ttfn, whoooosh, gone