Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Aviary

Default Aviary

Have any of you used this web based application. It has the whole spectrum of graphics capabilities from simple bitmap manipulation, through to vectors, animations and music. They now have 8 applications that anyone can use and they work easily when you get the hang of the user interface. The vector application can save to SVG and EPS although in EPS as you would expect Gradients aren't supported. The site is supported by the community of users and your welcome to join in and help to develop and like all community groups members produce tutorials and videos. I think this place has a lot to offer if you don't like Adobe products or can't afford them. Have a look and see what you think:http://aviary.com
    Design is thinking made visual.

Default Re: Aviary

I have an account there, pretty much inactive. It used to be Worth1000 and they used to have lots of contests - photography, illustration, manipulations, etc..
    It was one of my favorite sites. Then it was reorganized, and eventually crashed, and never got back up - so far. Now when you hit on the site you are directed to the sister site - Aviary. It's pretty cool!