Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lots of WD templates!!!

Hey Mak,

and there's not anything wrong with not buying those templates....however as has been stated very clearly earlier, there is a target audience for these templates. That audience would definitely be able to use these templates. When I started with WebDesigner, I used a template to build the website. Templates often end up not looking at all like what they started off as.

Again, people that don't want to buy these templates really don't need to worry much as they are not the targeted audience.

After looking at them myself, I think some of them would be very useful in the right situation....and to the authors, though some have suggested these are not very good, I think they are quite good...so it's in the eyes of the behold....nice job guys.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

This is what I was talking about - I just spotted this thread in "Unanswered posts":

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=46708

Edit : you don't have to be a web design genius to create a website of such seemingly effortless complexity or functionality. The guy who created that used Joomla! 1.5 - Open Source Content Management. It's free. Check it out.
    Last edited by Big Frank; 09 August 2010 at 01:06 AM.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I remember that post.

The website offers one seventh the number of templates at more than double the price of the templates offered on this site.

Opinions about the designs between the two sites aside, I would guess that most of the active members here didn't purchase these templates either. My guess is that's because most of the active members make their own websites from scratch.

By the way, anyone interested can visit the Xara Users template library and see some of my later work and download two free templates.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Hi All,

One thing I've noticed is that there is criticism however, where are the constructive comments.....ie: How would you make it better? Some have said they can do better templates....if so, what do those that say that think is missing?

That would be constructive criticism and I'm sure that would be much easier to take and have positive consequences.

Just a thought.....

Quote Originally Posted by Karateed View Post
    Hi All,

One thing I've noticed is that there is criticism however, where are the constructive comments.....ie: How would you make it better? Some have said they can do better templates....if so, what do those that say that think is missing?

That would be constructive criticism and I'm sure that would be much easier to take and have positive consequences.

Just a thought.....
    Well said!

I would also suggest input as to what you all would consider a more "Professional" look in a template.
    Michael Ruffino
    www.rkimarketing.com
    www.enerlightingusa.com
    "Enjoy the Process!"

You're right, there is a lot of criticism, and a lot of it is constructive if you peel away the partisan comments. If you cannot find any constructive suggestions in this thread, then I can't help you.

Quote Originally Posted by ruffino View Post
    I would also suggest input as to what you all would consider a more "Professional" look in a template.
    OK, let's go for a simple personal website template. Here's one I knocked up this evening, especially for this thread. I based it on a 4Templates design that I liked but every design element (except the bitmap background which is from Malayang) has been created using Xara DP6. The screenshot is taken from Xara's 'preview' window. I haven't tested it in any browsers so apologies in advance if it fails in some of them. It really was just a simple rush job.

If anybody has any use for this template feel free to use it, abuse it, customise it, sell it on, pull it apart, whatever. It's certainly not perfect, nor is it worth $29.95.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	webby_template.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	234.3 KB 
ID:	75252  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cute Frank

The timber background is upside down I think, what do you reckon?

What do you expect from a free template - perfection?

Hey Beret,

When you've done 70 of them perhaps it will be worth the purchase price....and please ensure the wood is right side up....thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Karateed View Post
    When you've done 70 of them perhaps it will be worth the purchase price....and please ensure the wood is right side up....
    I may just do that, and I'll take extra care to ensure there are no upside down mistakes in my templates next time! But, to be honest, selling templates isn't my thing so I think I'd just continue to give them away for free.

Thanks for the encouragement!