Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Lots of WD templates!!!

Beretgarson,

I think you may also be interested to know that these templates represent some very old work by myself and my partener. We started creating these templates in March 2009 when XWD5 was released. Our original idea was to create and sell templates with predesigned sub-menus for those that had difficulty in creating them. If you look back to the forums from that time you will see, that it was more than a few people. Before we were ready to release our template pack, XWD6 came out with the new navigation bar functionality. That put our plans on hold for a while, but we decided that there was no reason not to release the templates as there are still some people out there who may be looking for templates for a variety of reasons.

In the mean time, thank you for your opinion. I can fully understand that the template pack is not for you and that is fine as they weren't meant for people that can create their own. Please be respectfull of all forum members. It is in the forum rules.

Eric

P.S. Found this in reference to someone saying something similar about the template packs that Xara released. Have a look at what Gary had to say. http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...7&postcount=18
    Last edited by bcire68; 06 August 2010 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Added P.S.
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

The quote that I find interesting in Gary's post (and which reinforces the point I make above) is this one :

We have all seen sites designed by amateurs. Even if what the site is selling is top notch, if the site looks like it was designed by someone's nephew, who never attended art school and doesn't have one bit of design talent except he can plug data into a program or write some basic HTML code in Notepad, then the owner of these sites are going to lose business. Appearance is everything.
    $29,95 is great value if they are great templates. I'm not going to say anything more on the subject in this thread because I've made my point and I don't want to ruffle any more feathers than I already have.

Frank, I can't seem to find the source of your quoted text?

Edit.. Sorry, see it now

Sometimes simple is more appealing than cluttered. It all depends on the audience and the designer. Everything here created with WD6 or Pro. If you haven't noticed every template sample is a working webpage unlike the pictures you only get to see in 4templates.com
    http://www.webdesignertemplate.com/Test1.htm
    Click on all the templates to see them in action!
    I was born outside the box! - Aridzone
    WebDesignerTemplate

I don't see any reason why you guys should be defending your work for the benefit of the knockers. Ignore them.

You're filling a niche - that and your customers is all that matters.

And I think they should answer - otherwise those like me who know little about such things may get a skewed view, should we be thinking of dipping our toes in the water..

And I don't see any 'knocking' - only a particular viewpoint - if you can't listen to others views that run contrary to yours, you don't belong in business
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Personally, if I was designing a commercial website, I would be using company logo's company fonts and company colour schemes. A template would never work.

However, there have been many members on this forum posting about templates, and it seems from the tone of the posts that they wouldn't know where to start designing from scratch. For the most part, this template pack would seem to be ideal for those people.

These templates may not be what I would design, or may not be what you would design, but I don't think that "amateurish at best" is being fair. A lot of time and effort has been put into designing these templates, and I think that they are not only great value for the money, but will probably be ideal for the target audience.

Lets face it the size of website that Xara Web Designer (and Xara Designer Pro 6) is aimed at, is probably perfect for templates.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Xara includes templates with their software. They have also designed 2 additional template packs so obviously there is a demand. Personally I have never used a complete template for a website. But I have used bits and pieces to save time. Time is money. For example you could spend hours designing buttons from scratch or you could copy and paste ours in minutes. As mentioned before we have designed time saving NEW concepts that are included in this template pack. Here is just one! Drag and drop your pics from windows explorer onto bottom thumbnails to create this flash. Have Fun!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I was born outside the box! - Aridzone
    WebDesignerTemplate

Personally I wish you well

Following advice [from elsewhere] I am giving up on a 'traditional' website and am in the process of setting up a comicpress site

[ comicpress being a wordpress theme for sequential art; blog software is good for this having the necessary archiving database structure, so I'm told ]

even though installing wordpress in root via cpanel and fantastico could hardly be easier, and then installing comicpress theme is basic FTP, it still needs some knowledge of CSS and maybe [I'm hoping not] PHP to customise somewhat for my needs

my point - anything that helps take out the slog is good, and time is money
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thumbs down Re: Lots of WD templates!!!

I don`t pay 29,95 for this